a guest May 10th, 2019 4,722 Never
Not a member of Pastebin yet? Sign Up, it unlocks many cool features!
- Gentlemen, long time listener, first time caller.
- I love the show, it's probably my favorite piece of JB content since the untimely departure of Unfilter.
- I was listening to 356 with glee as you were discussing Testing and Jr devops positions. I've just accepted a position as DevOps Assistant at a small dev shop with the intent to work on my coding / development skills and make my way into a more useful member of the team. I was very excited about the position initially, it's taken some time to get the interview process behind me and I was beginning to become concerned I had accepted a position as the office doormat, bottom of the totem pole as it were. After listening to the show and hearing Michael talk about the importance of QA to a dev shop, I am thinking it may be a great role for me. The following question you had regarding QAvae a career path really hit my concerns on the nose and made me feel a lot better about my career decision.
- I thought I was going to be in a big rush to get out of the basement and up to a developer position, but after listening to the show I really feel like my contribution to this team is going to be important and necessary from the get go.
- I will hence forth be listening to the show with some experience and context.
- Thanks for the great show guys.
RAW Paste Data