Blaze_Nijima

Sources for Top Mobile Revenue Post

Nov 1st, 2021 (edited)
2,864
Never
Not a member of Pastebin yet? Sign Up, it unlocks many cool features!
  1. Most companies don't reveal the exact amount of revenue a single game makes them in a specific time period and sometimes not at all. As a result, keep in mind that all these figures are just estimates based on the data available to the public. Some of the figures may lack accuracy however the top 2 (Genshin and Fortnite) are relatively reliable.
  2.  
  3. Regarding Genshin Impacts revenue breakdown:
  4. - 2.1 billion is the confirmed amount for mobile only revenue (not including PlayStation, PC, and 3rd party android appstores).
  5. - The 3.7 billion figure is the high-end estimate but is quite likely the actual amount earned based on the data available.
  6. - The high-end figure assumes that mobile revenue (excluding 3rd party android in China) accounts for roughly 60% of Genshin Impacts total revenue. That leaves an additional 40% (roughly 1.4 billion) of revenue from Playstation, PC and 3rd party Android.
  7. - The low-end figure is much more conservative and assumes mobile revenue accounts for 90% of the games revenue.
  8. - To understand where these estimates come from you can refer to the bilibi post linked below.
  9.  
  10. Regarding the Fortnite estimate:
  11. - The low-end figure was confirmed in the court documents that were released as part of EPIC's legal battle with Apple inc.
  12. - The high-end estimate is based on available data but was not confirmed in the court documents as those documents only list Fortnite's earnings for the year of 2018 which does not include the 6 months following its release in 2017.
  13.  
  14.  
  15. Sources:
  16.  
  17. - Genshin
  18. https://www.bilibili.com/read/cv12883378
  19. https://sensortower.com/blog/genshin-impact-mobile-two-billion-revenue
  20. https://sensortower.com/blog/top-mobile-games-by-worldwide-revenue-september-2021
  21.  
  22. - Fortnite
  23. https://www.businessofapps.com/data/fortnite-statistics/
  24. https://s3.documentcloud.org/documents/20696836/epic-apple-trial-epic-games-exhibit.pdf
  25.  
  26. - GTA V
  27. https://www.statista.com/statistics/1097608/gta-v-unit-sales-worldwide/
  28. https://www.tweaktown.com/news/80898/gta-sales-figures-145m-at-least-10m-year-since-2013/index.html
  29.  
  30. - COD: MW
  31. https://investor.activision.com/news-releases/news-release-details/call-duty-modern-warfare-1-most-played-call-duty-multiplayer
  32. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Call_of_Duty:_Modern_Warfare_(2019_video_game)
  33.  
  34. - Animal Crossing
  35. https://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/pdf/2021/210201e.pdf#page=3
  36. https://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/en/finance/software/index.html
  37. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Animal_Crossing:_New_Horizons#Sales
  38.  
  39. - RDR2
  40. https://venturebeat.com/2019/02/06/red-dead-redemption-2-gallops-to-23-million-copies-in-a-quarter-stock-falls-13/
  41. https://www.gamespot.com/articles/red-dead-redemption-2-sales-surge-as-gta-online-sets-more-records/1100-6484162/
  42. https://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2021-02-08-nba-2k-gta-catalog-titles-drive-take-twos-holiday-quarter
  43. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_Dead_Redemption_2#Sales
  44.  
  45. - Monster Strike
  46. https://www.dfcint.com/monster-strike-revenue-soars/
  47. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monster_Strike#Commercial_performance
  48. https://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2015-05-13-monster-strike-drives-900-per-cent-profit-growth-for-mixi
  49. https://toyokeizai.net/articles/-/116373
  50.  
  51. - Candy Crush
  52. https://www.businessinsider.com/kingcom-generates--1-billion-from-candy-crush-2014-2?IR=T
  53. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2013_in_video_games
  54.  
  55. -Puzzle & Dragons
  56. https://www.pocketgamer.biz/asia/news/57076/its-official-puzzle-and-dragons-is-the-first-mobile-game-to-1-billion-in-revenue/
  57. https://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2018-07-31-gungho-shares-slump-on-decline-of-puzzle-and-dragons
  58.  
  59. - PUBG
  60. https://web.archive.org/web/20190121010757/https://www.superdataresearch.com/market-data/market-brief-year-in-review/
  61. https://variety.com/2019/gaming/news/pubg-mobile-passes-fortnite-ios-1203142525/
  62. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2018_in_video_games#cite_note-24
  63.  
  64. - Lineage M and Pokemon Go
  65. https://sensortower.com/blog/genshin-impact-mobile-two-billion-revenue
RAW Paste Data Copied