ALL Keywords with Excluded Words
- Test data generated by 98823c9ce7f73d22c0e84a43ab6f6ed3
- The dystopian version of superintelligence is illustrated with frequency by leaders in the technology industry, and is famously depicted by Hollywood in films like Terminator,
- or more recently Ex Machina, and even the Avengers. The “furious deity A.I.” is a story you know, because it is the story you are constantly told: we build the thinking machine,
- it surpasses our abilities in every way, and it destroys us for one of any number of reasons.Maybe it perceives us as a threat. Maybe we’re just in its way,
- and it hardly perceives us at all — mankind, a disposable insect race.
- There are of course many arguments in opposition to the now ubiquitous concept of our apocalypse by artificial intelligence.
- I myself have called into question the logic of such dystopian arguments in Anatomy of Next. But our subject here is less pertaining to the nature of the conscious machine than
- it is to the way we talk about this subject, and what it means. First, consider that most of the artificial intelligence depicted in culture looks human, a representation with
- no basis in technological reality. Then, the true scope of the Singularity is almost impossible to predict, which begs a question: where are these opinions about the broadly
- unknowable coming from?
RAW Paste Data