Kungkobra Apr 14th, 2016 (edited) 7,418 Never
Not a member of Pastebin yet? Sign Up, it unlocks many cool features!
- Fallout: New Vegas Speedrun FAQ
- Q: What language is this?
- A: Italian, because that saves ~4 seconds in the Doc Mitchell intro speech.
- Q: The video title said without loads but you clearly quickload a ton! Are you a liar?
- A: (Without Loads) refers to the timing method used for the speedrun, nothing else.
- Q: What is that glitch with the revolver?
- A: It's the "Reload Dash" glitch. By interrupting the reload animation of a gun with a bullet-by-bullet reload animation by uneqipping it in the pipboy whilst moving in a direction, you can launch yourself in the direction you were moving. This can be chained by hotkeying the revolver and repeating the process.
- Q: Why do you quicksave and quickload all the time?
- A: Abusing the quicksave and quickload mechanic is a technique that allows me to skip NPC dialogue, clip through walls, avoid fall damage, reset NPC animations and glitch my movement speed.
- Q: Why is there a giant YES/NO box in the middle of the screen?
- A: That is the "Time Stop" glitch. By bringing up the map screen and mashing the "Place a custom marker" button (Right click on PC, must unbind it from anything else though) I can effectivly freeze everything around me and still walk around. This is useful to get around dangerous enemies and to climb an object to reach higher heights.
- Q: How are you going through walls like that?
- A: By quicksaving and quickloading in rapid succession I can go through most walls in the game, because the wall collision loads in a fraction later than the player collision does.
- Q: How do you get through dialogue so fast?
- A: By mashing both Enter and Mouse 1 simultaneously. This makes the game take double inputs and allows for quickly scrolling textboxes.
- Q: Why does the timer keep stopping?
- A: The community have decided to time runs without load times because they can vary greatly from PC to PC. The loads are automatically timed out using a plugin for the Livesplit program. (Thanks DrTChops)
- Q: Why don't you just use console commands? xD
- A: Because that would be incredibly boring, since the "setstage" command can finish the last quest with 1 line.
- Q: Can you at least stop cheating lol? invalid speed run
- A: Glitches are not cheating. If you want to see a run without glitches though, check out https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h2bhsIP0RMs
- Q: Are you using any mods?
- A: No. Mods are not allowed in speedruns. My game is unmodified except for an .ini edit to remove mouse acceleration and I have replaced the english voice files for italian.
- Q: What patch are you playing on?
- A: Unless stated otherwise, latest steam patch. (18.104.22.1685)
- Q: What is your character build?
- A: I go all into Speech and get 45 Survival for the Travel Light perk. I also get Black Widow to quickly dispose of Benny.
- Q: Why are you playing as a girl?
- A: Because sleeping with Benny via the Black Widow perk is the fastest way to kill him, and Benny will not sleep with male characters.
- Q: What is WR ?
- A: Check www.speedrun.com/fallout_nv
RAW Paste Data