a guest Mar 26th, 2019 258 Never
Not a member of Pastebin yet? Sign Up, it unlocks many cool features!
- Manifesto: A Musical Syllogism
- 1) Music is emotion. (a⇒b)
- Emotions are personal, therefore each song carries a personal touch.
- The emotions each track evokes differ from person to person. From musician to listener.
- 2) Evocation of emotions through connotation is key. (b⇒c)
- If emotions differ from person to person, from musician to musician, artists can only add value to their music, by adding connotations.
- Avoiding emotional connotation is devaluation.
- 3) Connotations are linked to locus and tempus. (c⇒(Ln&Tn))
- We add context to music through:
- Adding value to the creative process in spacetime.
- Adding personal artefacts linked to spacetime.
- Adding mutations to personal context with our music through spacetime.
- The sum total of mutations must add up to a coherent whole. x1 + x2 + X3 + … + xN = Z
- 4) Evocation of emotions is convoluted (c⇒d)
- The generation of emotions does not follow a logical path, it is convoluted.
- But while the convolution itself appears unnecessarily chaotic to the layman or casual observer, the actor at the center of the convolution necessarily views the whole as a logical necessity; in other words: as a simple, self-evident state of affairs.
- QED) Music is convoluted
- Creation and absorbtion music is a convoluted process. Hence the title of our first bundle of tracks, linked to our lives in our city, in the past two years.
RAW Paste Data