get number of latin letter in alphabet use printf
tolikpunkoff Jun 4th, 2019 50 Never
Not a member of Pastebin yet? Sign Up, it unlocks many cool features!
- #get number of latin letter in alphabet
- #use nlett <letter>, e.g nlett a
- SFND=`echo $1|grep '^[a-z]$'`
- if [ -z "$SFND" ]; then
- echo "Error: in first parameter must be one small latin letter!"
- exit 1
- S_CODE=`printf '%d' \'$SFND`
- A_CODE=`printf '%d' \'a`
- SNUM=$( expr $S_CODE - $A_CODE + 1 )
- echo "$SFND is $SNUM"
RAW Paste Data