- SERBIA/CROATIA/SLOVENIA 1/11/2015 Sunday 23:55 night
- Ferry boat workers announced strike on Monday and Tuesday in Greece which may affect the number of refugees in Serbia/Croatia/Slovenia in the following days.
- Follow http://www.refugeemap.com for detailed info.
- I will be posting updates in the next few days together with Dalimil Petrilak (https://www.facebook.com/dalimil.petrilak), please let us know all the key information from the field.
- BERKASOVO/BAPSKA (Serbian side) - Serbia and Croatia have agreed on providing trains directly from Sid on the serbian side to Slavonski Brod in Croatia. Latest news say that the first train could depart from Sid on Tuesday morning, though Berkasovo/Opatovac will be still receiving some refugees in the next days. Volunteers will be needed to move the material to Sid train station, but also to help with organising safe paasage from Serbia to Croatia since more than 7000 people have already passed by evening and thousands have been waiting on the Serbian side for the Croatian buses. Volunteers have managed the crowd control so far but they will need more staff to work in shifts and take some rest. Many volunteers have left by the end of the weekend, currently less than 30 on site so more volunteers definitely required. Higher numbers of refugees expected still to arrive from Macedonia in the coming days. Clothes for children, especially jackets and hats, socks and scarves for both children and adults needed. Problems with bringing material (especially larger amounts) through serbian border reported, if you are already on your way, please try to deliver material to Opatovac instead. Contact number +381 649 366 029.
- OPATOVAC - More than 7000 came through during the day. Almost 3000 refugees reported there in the evening, but they spend in the camp just few hours, transported to Tovarnik and by train from there. Supplies, especially shoes (size 39-45), socks and children & men jackets needes. No volunteers needed at this moment, sufficient staff. Contact: Michael (IHA clothes tent) 0043 699 1268 2811
- PRESEVO - Even more refugees than in the previous days have arrived, queues up to 5 hours, but situation stable and under control at the moment. The nights are very cold, temeperature drops to zero. Boots, socks, raincoats, jackets, blankets needed. Financial help needed to arrange the food for refugees (700 euros spent daily). If the weather changes, volunteers will be needed to manage 24/7 service (shorter shifts in the cold weather).
- Contact Xhelal Hasani from the Center of Solidarity and Advancement Tel. +381 633 74 034, firstname.lastname@example.org or use general contact number for volunteers +381 642 653 479 if you want to help there.
- DIMITROVGRAD - Refugees: 200-400 per day. Needs: shoes, jackets, gloves, hats, socks. Medical help would be appreciated. Contact: Nerissa +381 642 18 7291. No volunteers needed now, accreditation very difficult, but if you have time to spend week or two there, your help may be useful.
- BEOGRAD - Refugees taken to a camp with hot meals and shower to rest, after that transported to Berkasovo by bus. At "Miksaliste" Volunteers are still needed, despite it's not so sexy as direct field volunteering. Join us distributing clothing, shoes, food and hygienic items and creating a welcoming atmosphere for the stop-over in Belgrade. We're still accepting and also redistributing donations to border points, which requires help in sorting and packing. Find out more and please register at Volunteer Spot http://www.volunteerspot.com/login/entry/4179297180119 to see what is needed there and to sign up for timeslots.
- BREZICE, DOBOVA - Cca 1000 refugees at Dobova 2 reported in the evening, and Dobova 1 and Brežice is empty. No help needed here at the moment.
- VRHNIKA - group of 500 refugees expected in the night but volunteers prepared to help them.
- SPIELFELD/SENTILJ - Camps on both sides of the border are busy, but controlled. No refugees in the no-mans land at the moment, volunteers welcome, but only have access if registered with the Red Cross (Team Österreich)
- https://www.teamoesterreich.at/cv/tomReg.jsf - See timetable to register for a shift here: https://helfen.st.roteskreuz.at/
- Waiting time is reduced thanks to better organisation on the Austrian side (more lines to enter the country were added and hence less crowd control problems). Medical volunteers especially needed. Men´s shoes - just small sizes 40-43 appreciated here.
- OTHER NEWS
- - If you have enough time and sources to travel to Lesvos, Greece, where situation is more desperate, do that. Volunteers are saving lives from sea, but many desperate scenes including those refugees, who were not lucky enough and drowned in the sea. Read this volunteering guide to Lesvos: http://bit.ly/lesvolunteer. Czech group of volunteers is preparing to help there as well, more information here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1077236385642577/
- - Situation in Macedonia is somehow stabilized, official NGO's helping. Independent volunteers NOT able to help, accreditation with official NGO necessary! (7 000 - 9 000 refugees crossing border from Greece daily)
- - There is still possibility to get supplies in Szeged at MigSzol warehouse at Gárdonyi utca 6. So if you are on the way via Hungary, you can go and pick up what will be needed. MigSzol unfortunately does not have any cars to drive the supplies down to Serbia/Croatia. Always contact coordinator before approaching Szeged: Szalai Balázs +36 20 229 6669 or Szőke - Tóth Ágnes +36 304 27 34 60.
- - Large amounts of supplies could be picked up also in Zagreb, please call Lejla +385 91 456 77 05 if you are able to bring any supplies from Zagreb to any of the borders.
- - Supplies which are needed almost at all places: warm and/or waterproof clothing (jackets, pullovers), blankets, shoes, hats, gloves, socks, dry and canned food, fruit; food for babies and milk. Generally, anything what could make them at least little bit warm and help them of hunger.
- - Also SIM cards for those who has to wait would be great so they can contact their relatives.
- - and don't forget to act: http://www.europeact.eu
SERBIA/CROATIA/SLOVENIA 1/11/2015 Sunday 23:55 night
michalberg Nov 1st, 2015 1,446 Never
RAW Paste Data