- SERBIA/CROATIA/SLOVENIA 3/11/2015 Tuesday 22:10 evening
- GENERAL: Ferry boat workers announced strike from Monday till Friday in Greece - might be a big problem for all Greek islands and relief for the Balkan route this week.
- Follow http://www.refugeemap.com for detailed info.
- BERKASOVO/BAPSKA (Serbian side) - Buses going all night till 5:00am, situation tense, but under control. Right now Berkasovo is EMPTY, no new buses arriving from Serbia. Czech team on site and all supplies good.
- Contact number +381 649 366 029.
- ŠID (train station) - buses bring refugees here from Presevo, Czech team on site with supplies and enough volunteers. Situation calm and fluent. Several trains left for Slavonski Brod.
- SLAVONSKI BROD - New winter camp with capacity around 7 000 people. Camp opened at 9am today, first trains came from Tovarnik and Šid, the refugees spent just few hours and left for Slovenia. Slavonski Brod volunteer house - contact Ante nr. 00385919895160. Accreditation needed for the camp - contact Maja Znika on FB before you want to come, but enough volunteers for the time being.
- OPATOVAC - camp being emptied.
- PRESEVO - MONEY needed! Situation stable and under control at the moment. Police not very cooperating and confused. The nights are very cold, temperature drops to zero. Boots, socks, raincoats, jackets, blankets needed. Financial help needed to arrange the food for refugees (700 euros spent daily). If the weather changes, volunteers will be needed to manage 24/7 service (shorter shifts in the cold weather).
- Contact Xhelal Hasani from the Center of Solidarity and Advancement Tel. +381 633 74 034, firstname.lastname@example.org or use general contact number for volunteers +381 642 653 479 if you want to help there.
- DIMITROVGRAD - Refugees: 200-400 per day. Needs: shoes, jackets, gloves, hats, socks. Medical help would be appreciated. Contact: Nerissa +381 642 18 7291. No volunteers needed now, accreditation very difficult, but if you have time to spend week or two there, your help may be useful.
- BEOGRAD - Refugees taken to a camp with hot meals and shower to rest, after that transported to Berkasovo by bus. At "Miksaliste" Volunteers are still needed, despite it's not so sexy as direct field volunteering. Join us distributing clothing, shoes, food and hygienic items and creating a welcoming atmosphere for the stop-over in Belgrade. We're still accepting and also redistributing donations to border points, which requires help in sorting and packing. Find out more and please register at Volunteer Spot http://www.volunteerspot.com/login/entry/4179297180119 to see what is needed there and to sign up for timeslots.
- BREZICE, DOBOVA - Few hundred refugees at Dobova 2, and Dobova 1 and Brežice is empty. No help needed here at the moment.
- VRHNIKA - group of 500 refugees there but volunteers prepared to help them.
- LENDAVA - few hundred refugees, situation calm and OK.
- SPIELFELD/SENTILJ - Camps on both sides of the border are busy, but controlled. Šentilj has around 3000 people and none in the no-man's land. They will not send anyone through tonight due to VERY low temperatures: 0°C. Volunteers welcome, but only have access if registered with the Red Cross (Team Österreich)
- https://www.teamoesterreich.at/cv/tomReg.jsf - See timetable to register for a shift here: https://helfen.st.roteskreuz.at/
- Waiting time is reduced thanks to better organisation on the Austrian side (more lines to enter the country were added and hence less crowd control problems). For donations, please check this FB site: https://www.facebook.com/RefugeesSpielfeld/
- OTHER NEWS
- - If you have enough time and sources to travel to Lesvos, Greece, where situation is desperate, do that. Volunteers are saving lives from sea, but many desperate scenes including those refugees, who were not lucky enough and drowned in the sea. Read this volunteering guide to Lesvos: http://bit.ly/lesvolunteer. Czech group of volunteers is preparing to help there as well, more information here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1077236385642577/
- - Situation in Macedonia is somehow stabilized, official NGO's helping. Independent volunteers NOT able to help, accreditation with official NGO necessary! (last 24 hrs count is 5 800)
- - There is still possibility to get supplies in Szeged at MigSzol warehouse at Gárdonyi utca 6. So if you are on the way via Hungary, you can go and pick up what will be needed. MigSzol unfortunately does not have any cars to drive the supplies down to Serbia/Croatia. Always contact coordinator before approaching Szeged: Szalai Balázs +36 20 229 6669 or Szőke - Tóth Ágnes +36 304 27 34 60.
- - Large amounts of supplies could be picked up also in Zagreb, please call Lejla +385 91 456 77 05 if you are able to bring any supplies from Zagreb to any of the borders.
- - Supplies which are needed almost at all places: warm and/or waterproof clothing (jackets, pullovers), blankets, shoes, hats, gloves, socks, dry and canned food, fruit; food for babies and milk. Generally, anything what could make them at least little bit warm and help them of hunger.
- - Also SIM cards for those who has to wait would be great so they can contact their relatives.
- - and don't forget to act: http://www.europeact.eu
SERBIA/CROATIA/SLOVENIA 3/11/2015 Tuesday 22:00 evening
michalberg Nov 3rd, 2015 693 Never
RAW Paste Data