- Perkus Maximus v1.1 Looping Sneak Spell Sound Script Fix
- Original script: T3nd0
- Modified by: keithinhanoi
- This fix is a replacement .pex file for a Perkus Maximus (PerMa) script named xMASpellSneakCommon. This script is attached to 16 PerMa magic effects used for successful sneak multiplier damage attacks using a ranged destruction spell. In other words, the script is run when you make attack with the spell while sneaking and see a message that the damage was increased by a certain multiplier.
- WHY YOU NEED IT
- With the help of a number of AOS & PerMa users, keithinhanoi discovered that this script starts a looping fire burning sound, FXFireBodyLP, but the the sound never finishes playing.
- Although this happens for ALL PerMa users, it is more obvious to those people also using Audio Overhaul for Skyrim (AOS) because AOS increases the volume and clarity of the FXFireBodyLP sound. The only way to stop the "stuck" looping fire sound is to load a game save.
- WHAT THIS FIX DOES
- The script provided in this fix has been modified so that the instance of the looping sound FXFireBodyLP is stopped when the script finishes. An annotated .psc source file is included for anyone curious about the changes to the script.
- HOW TO INSTALL IT
- If using Nexus Mod Manager, Mod Organizer or Wrye Bash, install as you would with any mod. Nexus Mod Manager will probably ask if you want to replace the xMASpellSneakCommon.pex script file and xMASpellSneakCommon.psc source file provided with Perkus Maximus. Just allow those to be overwritten.
- If installing this fix manually, drag the contents of the .rar archive into your .../Skyrim/data/ directory, and allow the two files mentioned above to be overwritten.
- HOW TO UNINSTALL IT
- If you stop using PerMa, or an update for PerMa is released with a fix for this script, then just deactivate and remove this fix in Nexus Mod Manager, Mod Organizer or Wrye Bash as you would with any mod.
- If you installed the fix manually, just remove the above mentioned files from .../Skyrim/data/Scripts/ and .../Skyrim/data/Scripts/Source. Make sure to do this before installing a new version of PerMa.
- This script fix has been created and posted in the AOS optional downloads section with permission from T3nd0, the author of PerMa.
- This fix is provided AS IS, with no implied or explicit guarantee that Skyrim won't CTD for the rest of eternity as a result and/or your game saves will implode in a slow fiery death while sinking into the Red Mountain.
- That said, this script fix was tested for 5 hours of playing with no issues or detrimental effects to game saves. Nevertheless, be smart - ALWAYS keep BACKUPS of your save games!
- Many thanks to...
- T3nd0 for being a really pleasant and agreeable person, and for making his mod "open source."
- LoRd KoRn for Audio Overhaul for Skyrim
- nexus users AthrunNailo and snow for explaining the exact conditions when the looping sound occurred
Perkus Maximus v1.1 Looping Sneak Spell Sound Script Fix
a guest Feb 7th, 2015 178 Never
Not a member of Pastebin yet? Sign Up, it unlocks many cool features!
RAW Paste Data