Araki Stand Comments, Part 4
sekainoyazawa Sep 19th, 2016 (edited) 6,793 Never
Not a member of Pastebin yet? Sign Up, it unlocks many cool features!
- Part 4 Stands
- CRAZY DIAMOND
- A stand that has the ultimate kindness. Star Platinum is kind of blackish, so I gave this one a contrasting color scheme. Josuke has an out-of-date appearance, but he keeps it that way on purpose.
- AQUA NECKLACE
- I imagined a deviant lurking in the town. This one's another slime-type. The stand's design comes from ritual dolls and Jomon-era clay figures. I researched various sources to make it.
- THE HAND
- It's really strong, with no limit to its powers. If Okuyasu were smart, he'd be unstoppable (laughs). He's impusive and only sees what's right in front of him, so there are blinkers like you see on a racehorse to block the sides of its eyes and give it a narrow range of vision.
- BAD COMPANY
- I think the idea for this came from G.I. Joe action figures and the like. Anyway, I wanted to make a stand unlike any other I'd done before. So, this stand is an entire army that emerges from a single soul.
- THE LOCK
- A suspense story where you're trapped by a psychological attack, in Stand form. This extortion ability puts a lock on your heart. I gradually shrunk the host down so it would be easier to have him interact with Koichi.
- ECHOES ACT 1
- At first, I gave made it look like an alien larva. Then, it would gradually grow to adulthood. Anyway, I wanted to draw Koichi's growth, so I designed it knowing it would change forms.
- Did I ever have one of these dolls on hand? If anything, I was more interested in drawing how tricky its host was. Judging by the screw on its forehead, it might have been based off of the copy robot in Perman.
- LOVE DELUXE
- A horror that's close to you in your daily life. Like Misery, maybe? In shojo comics in the 80s, girls were objects to be longed for, but from the 90s on, there were more stories with strong girls in lead roles.
- ECHOES ACT 2
- In its second stage, it's grown from a larva to a child. It's hands and feet are like... a raccoon, right? A standing raccoon.
- PEARL JAM
- It's a cooking stand, so I gave it a somewhat crazy appearance based off of tomatoes and Italian vegetables. The idea was, how can I create suspense using cooking as the theme?
- RED HOT CHILI PEPPER
- When I saw the dinosaur with a strong headbutt from Kyoryu Daikiko, I thought, I like this guy! Also, the way he's strong despite being small might have been influenced by Frieza from Dragonball.
- ACHTUNG BABY
- I made this one to draw a story about Joseph and Josuke, and that's all there is to this Stand. It's a Stand that turns things invisible, so is its physical form invisible as well, or does it just not have one?
- HEAVEN'S DOOR
- It's an ability that turns people into books, so I figured it didn't need a physical form of its own. For the characters that appear in Part 4, I tried to depict only their interactions with Josuke, without clearly defining whether they were allies or enemies, good or evil.
- An idea I came up with because I wanted to draw the suspense of hunting rats. I just wanted to make it look like a tool. It's a bit of a fusion between a retro cannon and bones, to give it a creepy feeling.
- Its design is a worker bee. If you look at its back, there's an abdomen. You've had those times when you're collecting coupons, and you wish you had just one more, right? I combined that with the image of bees collecting honey.
- KILLER QUEEN
- A cat and a skull... It's a simple design, but I really like it. The design of the gloves and belt are nice, too. When you consider a bomb-based ability, you can do just about anything, so it was tough to work with.
- Around this time, everyone was talking about beauty shops and cosmetic surgery, so I thought I'd add an aesthetician. The appearance is a feminine silhouette plus beauty shop tools or a dentist.
- SHEER HEART ATTACK
- Based off of Killer Queen's face, while giving off an aura like nothing in the world can break it... so, it's a tank. The dagger on its forehead represents an assassin, maybe?
- ECHOES ACT 3
- It's got its own personality, so it's like a friend... It's the image of Koichi made into a stand. I thought, if you can turn sound into a physical object, you can do that with gravity, too.
- ATOM HEART FATHER
- The Stand's name comes from the Pink Floyd album Atom Heart Mother. The idea came to me because I thought it would be cool to have a cursed or haunted photo as a Stand.
- BOY II MAN
- I envisioned a guardian spirit protecting a young boy. The design might have come from the robots from Mr. Mitsuteru Yokoyama's manga or something like that. That's why it's got the rows of rivets and the mask over its mouth, and stuff.
- EARTH WIND AND FIRE
- I wanted to draw the character of Mikitaka Hasekura. He's a self-styled "space alien", but it's a mystery whether he's that, or a Stand user! Within the worldview of Jojo, aliens are just barely acceptable.
- HIGHWAY STAR
- A tracking stand. The way it splits up like a daruma otoshi toy leaves an impression on you, doesn't it? Did I have a thing for net patterns back then? It looks like a 3-D object, even though it's a flat image!
- STRAY CAT
- When I was a kid, my grandpa had a cat named Chako. We doted on it, but I rememeber once it hurt me when I ignored it... I've never trusted cats ever since (laughs).
- When I was a kid, there were these, well, free spirits around. They would live in caves, turn abandoned cars into their personal homes, and stuff. For a moment, that sort of survival lifestyle might seem fun (laughs).
- The effects that appear when things turn flat is based off of Maurits Escher's art. Drawing his attacks was tough... I had to make sure the drawings joined up with each other just right.
- CHEAP TRICK
- The motif is a piggyback monster. That, plus a touch of horror where you can't turn around. It's more of a supernatural creature than a Stand. Its host is just a pitiable man...
- KILLER QUEEN BITES THE DUST
- I didn't want to make a Stand that could do anything, so by splitting its abilities up like this, I added a limitation of sorts.
RAW Paste Data