Apr 16th, 2015
- "But... why, I don't..."
- >A little foal sobbed pathetically; its pristine coat blemished with fresh tears.
- >"Hush little one, hush..."
- >The sudden warmth of embrace deterred confusion for a fleeting second; perhaps this was natural?
- >No... a deep nagging insisted it wasn't.
- "What's wrong with me?"
- >It was a vague question with no real answer, but it had to be let out in the air.
- >"Nothing is wrong with you, you are perfect. Don't try to understand why or how, you don't need to worry about that anymore."
- >An eerie echo follows the word.
- >"That's right. You're safe, you have me here to protect you."
- >You. You...
- >Wait, you? But this isn't you. Is it?
- >There's a sudden throb within your brain, as if a large abscess just burst flooding your mind with information
- >Images, sensations, experiences...
- >These are from your life. This is you.
- >It only takes a few seconds for you to realize that, currently, you aren't 'you' at all.
- >You're not a little foal.
- "What's happened to me?!"
- >Alarm and fear puncture your sobs as you recoil from the embrace.
- >Feeling as if you'd just awoken for the first time, your eyes frantically dart around.
- >Everything is ginormous. The walls seemingly tower for miles; the ceiling so high up it was practically out of view.
- >Then, curled up next to you, its eyes ever watchful...
- >A horse?
- "Who are you? Where is this? What am I?"
- >Quivering your questions, you stare fixed at the one before you.
- >It smiles before sitting up and placing its head over yours.
- >"Call me Mama Blackbox" she smiles before licking your head.
- "M-mama?" you stutter at this absolute lunacy.
- >She just smiles again.
- >"Yes, that's right. They all ask for me to raise them, but they never remember who or why they exist."
- >There was a slight hint of sadness in her eyes, even if her expression hid it.
- "I... asked for this?"
- >She nods, her eyes growing sympathetic
- >"You did, little one. And I was the who gave it to you."
- >Standing up, she turns her back to you.
- >"I'm sorry."
Please, Sign In to add comment