B3T load time analysis
a guest Nov 30th, 2018 15 Never
Not a member of Pastebin yet? Sign Up, it unlocks many cool features!
- Number of unique events = 28
- Number of races / events = 39
- Here are the runs I used to analyze load times:
- LohaTrons' 2:19 (WR and fastest X360 run at time of writing) https://www.youtube.com/watch?&v=6SdpCCFQKCg
- Captain_Ruffian's 2:41 (fastest emu run with video at time of writing) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9jP8G4lkbE0
- Mopsi's 2:38 (fastest PS2 run at time of writing) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ILquB5Ms7j4
- X360 load times:
- Pre-race = 5 seconds
- -Bigger tracks don't affect this (Lakeside Getaway loads just as fast as Silver Lake)
- -Super consistent
- Post-race = 1-2.5 seconds
- -Event size doesn't seem to affect this (GPs go through post-race as fast as any other event)
- -Not too sure what causes this to vary
- -Seems to be lower more than higher, will average at 1.75 but even this may be slightly inaccurate
- Loads in between GPs = 5.5-6 seconds
- -After the first race, races seem to load up to a second longer
- Time spent on loads = (28*5) + (28*1.75) + (11*5.75)
- = 140 + 49 + 63.25
- = 252.25
- = 4min ~12sec
- PS2 emulated load times:
- Pre-race = 10-11 seconds
- Post-race = 5.5-9 seconds
- -Most cases seem to be ~6 seconds, only found one with 9
- Loads in between GPs = 12 seconds
- Time spent on loads = (28*10.5) + (28*6) + (11*12)
- = 294 + 168 + 132
- = 594
- = 9min 54sec
- PS2 load times:
- Pre-race = 17-17.5 seconds
- Post-race = 9-12 seconds
- -Downtown Road Rage 1 seems to do post 3 seconds slower than any other event
- Loads in between GPs = 18-19 seconds
- Time spent on loads = (28*17.25) + (28*9) + (11*18.5)
- = 483 + 252 + 203.5
- = 938.5
- = ~15min 38.5sec
- Misc observations:
- Signature takedowns = 12.5 seconds
- Car cutscenes = ~9-9.5 seconds
- -This depends on how good your button mashing is but you can usually continue after 9s
- Final observations:
- -X360 loads the fastest. Emulator seems to emulate the slower load times of PS2, although those times may vary depending on PC
- hardware. PS2 definitely loads the slowest.
- -Track size doesn't affect load time. NPC count doesn't affect load time.
- -Loads in between GPs are 1-2s slower than normal loads.
- -The numbers shown are VERY ROUGH ESTIMATIONS. I would recommend getting a timer out if you wanted to do this properly.
- -Downtown Road Rage 1 loads 3s slower after the event. Didn't observe it on X360.
- -My analysis only covers Compact / Muscle events (I skimmed through the X360 run to check event number total and load times
- seemed to be just as consistent so I didn't look any further into it). Perhaps other individual events in the emu / PS2 runs are
- loaded slower like DT RR1?
- -Looking at the WR (on X360) it looks like menus are scrolled through much quicker than emu/PS2. It's hard to tell how much quicker
- X360 runs are but this may be a factor because load times alone shouldn't save 20 minutes.
RAW Paste Data