a guest Oct 23rd, 2019 87 Never
Not a member of Pastebin yet? Sign Up, it unlocks many cool features!
- # Getting the latest (20 series) Nvidia drivers to work on Ubuntu 18.04.3 LTS
- *Disclaimer: This is mostly for my own reference when I reinstall Ubuntu, however you may find it useful.*
- 1. Boot into Ubuntu without modesetting, or else you'll get a black screen. When GRUB appears, highlight Ubuntu and press `e`, then change `quiet splash` to `nomodeset`, then press F10 to boot. You'll have to do this to get the LiveCD to boot also.
- 2. Install the ppa for proprietary Nvidia drivers: `sudo apt-add-repository ppa:graphics-drivers/ppa`
- 3. Update your repositories: `sudo apt update`
- 4. See what drivers you have available: `ubuntu-drivers list`
- 5. Install the latest driver (in my case, "nvidia-driver-435": `sudo apt install nvidia-driver-435`)
- 6. Reboot your system
RAW Paste Data