a guest Aug 25th, 2019 251 Never
Not a member of Pastebin yet? Sign Up, it unlocks many cool features!
- Firstly , go to https://try.digitalo...om/performance/ and make an account and verifiy it
- with a vcc. ( I used iCard VCC for this tutorial) IF you can't find a good VCC you can always use PayPal as a payment option , but you need to add 5 euro to the account. Small price for 2 months of RDP
- Create a new project ,enter it and create a Linux Droplet. (I recommend 8 ram 4 cpu,it will last 2
- months) Click on the droplet you just created to enter the control panel.
- From there, look for "RECOVERY" section and click on it.
- 1) Click on "boot from recovery ISO" , shut down the VPS and start it.
- 2) Click on "Console" , copy the randomly generated password in notepad , type 6 and press
- Close the console.
- 3)Enter putty (if you don't have it, download it from google) . At "Host name" put the VPS ip and click
- Open. The user will always be "root" , after you write "root" and press enter, you'll have to enter the
- randomly generated password from the previous step.
- Here you have to download the windows file , I already have the download link ready.
- Enter this command " wget -O- http://xde.ro/2016.gz | gunzip | dd of=/dev/vda " This is windows server
- 2016. If the link won't wont in the future , go to http://www.whatuptime.com/ and search for a windows ISO file
- After you execute the command, wait untill it says it finished downloading.
- 4)After the windows file downloaded , close putty, go back to DigitalOcean control panel and switch
- from "Boot from recovery" to "Boot from hardrive" and shut it off and start it again.
- 5) At this point , windows has been installed on the server , now you just need to set up the internet
- connection and expand the disk Volume.
- Enter the "Console" from control Panel to open the RDP. (you can't from the remote desktop program
- because the network is not set up). The Password for the RDP will be set by default as "P@ssword64" ,
- you can change it later.
- 6)Go and click on the internet button and click on network settings
- Click on network sharing center >Ethernet 2 > Properties >Internet Protocol Verion 4 >Properties
- After you do that , click on "Use the following IP Address" and fill in like I did here:
- When you're done, click on ok and close everything, now you can enter the RDP trough "remote
- desktop" program.
- By default, your :C disk will have 10-15GB on it, to solve that , go to start and search "server manager" ,
- wait for it to load and go to "File and Storage Services" > Disks , right click on :C and click "extend
- volume" and enter the maximum number .
RAW Paste Data