Proof Heavy Ball Beldum Can Be Caught
CollectorTogami Nov 27th, 2016 2,626 Never
Not a member of Pastebin yet? Sign Up, it unlocks many cool features!
- [23:19:13] <CollectorTogami> Kaphotics I do have something else I want to ask-- what are your thoughts on this whole Heavy Ball Beldum scenario? Is this even possible
- [23:19:34] <%Kaphotics> if it's 0.0001% possible, it's possible
- [23:19:48] <CollectorTogami> It's the uh
- [23:19:58] <%Kaphotics> you'd have to run it through the shake-calc
- [23:19:58] <CollectorTogami> base catch rate of 3, -20 from Heavy Ball modifier
- [23:20:14] <CollectorTogami> What happens when it reaches the negative threshold
- [23:21:04] <%Kaphotics> it may cause the modified rate to fall below its original unmodified catch rate (such as from high health, Heavy Balls, Baiting in the Safari Zone, or the dark grass penalty in Generation V). In Generation III and Generation IV, the modified catch rate may never fall below 1.
- [23:21:09] <%Kaphotics> http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Catch_rate#Pok.C3.A9_Ball_effectiveness_rates
- [23:21:18] <%Kaphotics> they usually don't change caps between gens
- [23:21:30] <CollectorTogami> I see
- [23:21:44] <CollectorTogami> Scires mentioned the catch rate is the same in gen 7
- [23:21:47] <CollectorTogami> So that proves this is true then
- [23:21:52] <CollectorTogami> That it can be done
- [23:21:54] <%Kaphotics> ya http://pastebin.com/uEE1UHwW
- [23:22:17] <CollectorTogami> Beldum falls in the -20 just barely
- [23:22:31] <@Esmeya> the only impossibility is catching trainer 'mons legally :o
- [23:22:37] <@Esmeya> ...except XD/Colo
- [23:22:40] <CollectorTogami> Thank you for clarifying this, it certainly helps debunk a myth that the community has been stewing over
- [23:22:44] <~Nexus> huh when did quick ball get buumped from x4 to x5
- [23:22:51] <%Kaphotics> http://pastebin.com/sMBtQrdB
- [23:22:51] <@Esmeya> gen 6
- [23:22:52] <CollectorTogami> You mind if I pastebin this convo
- [23:23:03] <CollectorTogami> To clarify for those who are looking for it
- [23:23:13] <%Kaphotics> oh noo
- [23:23:21] <%Kaphotics> let me keep digging
- [23:23:33] <@Esmeya> can't tell if that's sarcasm or..
- [23:24:37] <Damien> wait so, catch rate can't fall below 1?
- [23:24:51] <Timey> sounds about right
- [23:24:52] <@Esmeya> it can
- [23:25:12] <Timey> my guess is if it drops below 1 it becomes 1
- [23:25:14] <Timey> but i dunno
- [23:25:20] <@Esmeya> but instead of making it null it makes it a lower percentage
- [23:25:47] <Damien> so it's just some tiny fractional percentage rather than "0 without crit capture"?
- [23:25:47] <@Esmeya> There's no 0 outside of trainers legally
- [23:25:50] <Damien> i can work with that
- [23:25:51] <%Kaphotics> yeah it looks possible
- [23:26:03] <Damien> i'm going to wait until i can inject a bunch more heavy balls though >.>
- [23:26:36] <@Esmeya> The percentage is low enough that you may run out of heavy balls before capture or have more struggle deaths than Gen 3 Rayquaza :/
- [23:26:40] <CollectorTogami> Yeah uh
- [23:26:45] <CollectorTogami> I ran out with 999 heavy balls
- [23:26:47] <Damien> oh god gen 3 rayquaza
- [23:27:03] <CollectorTogami> But, this proves it is possible. So, thank you for clarifying
- [23:27:12] <Damien> so basically
- [23:27:18] <Damien> finish dex, then pray for crit
- [23:27:21] <Damien> gotcha
- [23:27:22] <@Esmeya> Yep.
RAW Paste Data
Challenge yourself this year...
Learn something new in 2017
Learn something new in 2017