Update 04 — 70%+ Redistributed, TransferWise, & More!
a guest May 4th, 2020 78 Never
Not a member of Pastebin yet? Sign Up, it unlocks many cool features!
- Update 04 — 70%+ Redistributed, TransferWise, & More!
- Hey folks! Hyperlink here once again with a redistribution fund update!
- As of now, $20,094.13 has been redistributed to 166 people (71.2% of total fund). That means only 67 folks are left to pay!
- Here’s a breakdown of what I’m covering this update…
- * PayPal transactions are (slowly) moving forward
- * International folks, I just got TransferWise!
- * With one exception, CashApps are done
- So let’s get into it!
- DOES MY PAYPAL ACCOUNT WORK? IT DEPENDS!
- I have been able to start making PayPal transactions happen, albeit more slowly than I would like, using my personal account (my business account has sent 3 transactions total, I believe).
- In my experience, paying folks via PayPal is exactly like the Animal Crossing money rock: depending how efficiently I am able to send payments, I am able to get somewhere in the neighborhood of 5-12 through when my account enables access to my bank accounts. Sometimes after a round of payments I’m able to send more quite quickly, other times it takes longer. I’m checking PayPal for transfer capability as often as I can and sending out chunks of payments in no particular order whenever I get the chance. Thank you once again for your continued patience here, I’m getting these out as fast as I can.
- All of this is absolutely no thanks to PayPal’s support system (not the actual reps, who tried very hard to help me, but the system itself) which as far as I can tell offers no current method to escalate problems like the ones I’ve been having to anyone who can help fix them. To directly quote a PayPal representative I spoke with, “To block any payment, yes / Obligation to make that work that is a NO / Recourse for that, there is none”.
- Please do not use PayPal for your mutual aid projects!! Learn from my mistakes!!
- NEW PAYMENT OPTION: TRANSFERWIRE!
- A number of international folks recommended I try out TransferWire as a non-PayPal alternative, so I just set up an account!
- As far as I can tell, I’ll need your banking information and full legal name to queue up a transfer. I just sent my first transaction with this and it was nice and easy! As always, DM or email me to get started and I’ll queue this up for you ASAP.
- CASHAPPS ARE (BASICALLY) DONE
- With the exception of one user who I’m in email contact with, and one person who seems to have deleted their CashApp after their first payment (?! Please reach out to me!) All CashApp payments are fulfilled. If your CashApp still hasn’t been fulfilled, please hit me up and I’ll get you paid super fast!
- As always, if you used PayPal but can receive funds with CashApp instead, use this form and I can get them to you super fast: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1LvDfs8gf-BJEbSIU0wvx8izJMCwftIwhhHs8ivYVL9Y
- That’s basically it! I’ve been threading payment updates on a pinned post on my Snouts, so keep an eye out there for more timely updates. As always, I’m happy to answer any questions you might have!
- Love & solidarity,
RAW Paste Data