- Dear NiceHash customer,
- We are reaching out to you as one of our buyers at NiceHash. You will be well aware by now that on Wednesday 6 December, our security system was breached in a sophisticated attack. As a result, our payment system was compromised and the entire contents of the NiceHash bitcoin wallet were stolen – around 4,700 BTC.
- Despite the unfortunate event, we are letting you know that our service will be resumed today and your money will be paid back!
- Please be aware that when we resume the service, it will be apparent that your wallet has 0 value as a result of the hack, although you will also see your old balance on the new dashboard.
- We are happy to announce we have been able to reserve the funds required to restore balances from a group of international investors. Old balances will therefore be restored by January 31, 2018. We need this interim period to ensure all legal paperwork is processed correctly, so please be patient while we do this.
- Our entire community is important to us, but as one of our buyers, you are even more so. You have invested with us – not only your money, but your trust as well. As we said immediately following the hack, we would simply not exist without our devoted buyers and miners around the world.
- We are truly sorry for any inconvenience that the hack may have caused. We hope you will want to continue to invest your money and your faith in the world’s largest crypto-mining marketplace.
- We would like to reiterate our thanks to you and hope that you will be back on the site shortly.
- With best wishes!
- Andrej Skraba
- CMO @ NiceHash