- SERBIA/CROATIA/SLOVENIA/MACEDONIA 22/11/2015 Sunday 0:30 night
- GENERAL: Macedoina started to build a fence on Greece border to enforce current rule that only people from Syria, Iraq and Afhganistan are being allowed to cross border to many balkan states. Others (Cca 10%-15% according to the latest November numbers from UNHCR) are being held. This separation starts in Idomeni and continues to be applied up to Slovenia. We are confirming about the further development, as this seems that many other nationalities remained stranded in Greece.
- PREŠEVO - Presevo had about 4000 people today, situation calm and normal. Started to rain in the evening. Boots, socks, jackets, blankets needed. Financial help needed to arrange the food for refugees. Good amount of volunteers outside the camp. Contact UVP - United Volunteers of Preševo: Jessica Collins - Tel. +381 62 1499 561.
- MIRATOVAC - Not many refugees in Miratovac today. Volunteers (German and Czech team) handing out food, water and clothes, need some more volunteers for following weeks! Please contact Xhelal Hasani from the Center of Solidarity and Advancement - Tel. +381 633 74 034, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- ŠID / ADAŠEVCI - Not many to do for volunteers today, spent time with reorganizing warehouse. Czech volunteer team helps in Adaševci in two shifts (16-24h, 0-8h), we give information, hand out water and some basic clothes too. Situation is stable there. Socks, scarfs, large plastic bags and tapes welcomed.
- SLAVONSKI BROD - Volunteers welcome - accreditation required and more in-depth security checks especially for foreign volunteers in place now - contact Maja Znika on FB or number below before you come (waiting time cca 48hrs)! Contact: +385-99-5021-926.
- What is needed here:
- 1) shoes & socks (39-44), especially men's.
- 2) aids for the age- and movement-impaired: incontinence pads, wheelchairs.
- 3) aids for baby transportation: baby carriages, baby carriers.
- 4) warm cold weather gear: caps, shawlf, gloves + some jackets (though not as much).
- Everything else seems to be in full supply, children's gear included.
- DIMITROVGRAD - There is a need of 5 volunteers starting Sunday/Monday, as one team will be leaving, for working in shifts, if yu can stay for one week that would be great. Contact: coordinator Tarek on site +381 628954577. Refugees: several hundreds come daily, more families arriving in the last days, mostly Afghans, so no restriction based on nationalities applied here. Needs: shoes, jackets, gloves, hats, socks. Medical help would be appreciated.
- BEOGRAD - Refugees here have the option to go to the Asylum Center at Krnjača, where they have access to hot meals, showers and a place to rest. From Belgrade, they can take the bus to Šid.
- At "Miksaliste" Volunteers are still NEEDED. Join us distributing clothing, shoes, food and hygienic items and creating a welcoming atmosphere for the stop-over in Belgrade. They're still accepting and also redistributing donations to border points, which requires help in sorting and packing. Find out more and please register at Volunteer Spot http://www.volunteerspot.com/login/entry/4179297180119 to see what is needed there and to sign up for timeslots.
- There should be 3 detention centers in Serbia for "economic migrants" - Krnjaca, Dimitrovgrad, Principovac. Centers are not yet ready (heating missing) - Komisariat might need some help with food, clothes from NGOs and volunteers, but no details known yet.
- VOLUNTEERS NEEDED
- If you have some free time during the next days your help is very welcomed in Slovenia. Slovenska filantropija needs volunteers for several locations (primarily Šentilj, but also Dobova and Gornja Radgona). Volunteers are helping in food and clothes distribution, cleaning and any other assistance refugee needed at the moment. Volunteers are usually working in 3 shifts, 7 a.m. – 3 p.m., 3 p.m. – 11 p.m. and 11 p.m. – 7 a.m. Donations of winter clothes and shoes are also very welcomed.
- Please remember to obey all the rules, follow the instructions given by the local volunteer coordinator and cooperate with the police. smile emoticon
- Accreditation is obligatory so please send your full name, date of birth, nationality and address of residency to email@example.com. For other info please contact +386 41 654 726.
- DOBOVA - Hungarian volunteers also on site, they are asking for small size fruit yogurts, oranges, small size juice and milk with straws, croissants, candy and lollipops, bubble makers.
- Slovenians are also asking for warm jackets, mens shoes, hats, gloves and scarves. Please contact the local NGO before you arrive or send any donations.
- SPIELFELD/SENTILJ - Situation under control as the camp is ready for winter. Sentilj volunteers may also sign up with Slovenska Filantropija through their online form (http://www.filantropija.org/prijave/pomoc-na-terenu/). Volunteers welcome in Spielfeld, but only have access if registered with the Red Cross (Team Österreich) https://www.teamoesterreich.at/cv/tomReg.jsf - See timetable to register for a shift here: https://helfen.st.roteskreuz.at/. For donations, please check this FB site: https://www.facebook.com/RefugeesSpielfeld/
- OTHER NEWS
- - If you have enough time and sources to travel to Lesvos, Greece (or other islands) do that. Volunteers are saving lives from sea and helping out in the camps - Moria and Kara Tepe. Read this volunteering guide to Lesvos: http://bit.ly/lesvolunteer.
- - Large amounts of supplies could be picked up in Zagreb, please call Lejla +385 91 456 77 05 if you are able to bring any supplies from Zagreb to any of the borders.
- - and don't forget to act: http://www.europeact.eu
SERBIA/CROATIA/SLOVENIA/MACEDONIA 22/11/2015 Sunday 0:30 nig
michalberg Nov 21st, 2015 526 Never
Not a member of Pastebin yet? Sign Up, it unlocks many cool features!
RAW Paste Data