a guest Apr 21st, 2017 56 Never
Not a member of Pastebin yet? Sign Up, it unlocks many cool features!
- An unsafe abortion is the termination of a pregnancy by people lacking the necessary skills, or in an environment lacking minimal medical standards, or both .unsafe abortions are common in places where abortion is illegal. According to WHO every year around the world, about 21.6 million women with unintended pregnancy chose termination and 18.5 million of these occur in developing countries
- Somewhere in the range of 47,000 ladies bite the dust of dangerous fetus removal yearly, making it one of the main sources of maternal mortality. 5 million women who have survived will suffer long-term health complications. Worldwide, 5 million women are hospitalized each year for treatment of abortion-related complications, and abortion-related deaths leave 220,000 children motherless.
- Mist of the data is undocumented so getting data is very difficult so mostly it is taken as estimates.Most of the abortion is done by a pregnant lady or untrained individual due to which most scenario is undocumented. In Western nations, only 3% of abortions are unsafe, whereas in developing nations 55% are unsafe. The highest incidences of abortions that are unsafe occur in Latin America, Africa, and South East Asia.
- - With sharp object or wire, they break the amniotic sac. This can cause infection or injuries to the internal organ thereby resulting in death.
- - Inserting Toxic substances such as chili peppers and chemical like alum, Lysol etc which can lead to toxic shock and results to death.
- - In unhygienic settings, an untrained individual performs dilatation and curettage which cause uterine perforation and infections.
- - External injuries are done through jumping from top stairs or roof.
- Health Consequences
- • The main cause of maternal death is hemorrhage, infection, sepsis, genital trauma, and necrotic bowel
- • Data for long-term health concern is negligible but most women who have undergone unsafe abortion have health complications like poor wound healing, infertility, consequences of internal organ injury, bowel resections, loss of productivity and psychological damage.
- What can be done
- Access to abortion pill: Nowadays you can buy abortion pill online through the e-commerce platform. Most women go through an unsafe abortion is because of privacy and social stigmatization. Medical abortion can be done in privacy and safely too.
- Abortion is a choice of women: Let women consult with doctor or abortion counselor free from state interference.
- Abortion Documentation: Record the unsafe abortion, as well as make awareness about the health consequences to the women
- Abortion Laws: liberalizing abortion laws allow services to be openly provided can reduce the rate of abortion-related morbidity and mortality
RAW Paste Data