- This is the translation for https://yande.re/post/show/224269/bandages-chuunibyou_demo_koi_ga_shitai-eyepatch-he
- Newtype 2012/10!
- "A chuunibyou style story that's a romantic comedy at heart." -Supervisor Tatsuya Ishihara
- Yuuta Togashi: This former chuunibyou patent used to call himself the "Dark Flame Master" when he was in middle school. Once he entered high school, he sealed away his embarrassing past....
- Rikka Takanashi: Underneath her eyepatch is a hidden power called the "Devilish Truth Stare"....or so this chuunibyou patient made up. Aparently she's waited eons to reunite with the Dark Flame Master.
- (underneath images on left)
- Once the Devilish Truth Stare is activated, reality drastically changes. We tried to portray that in the PV, with the cool imagery and music, and in this newly drawn illustration by showing everyone's comedic movements and facial expressions. "It's really changed!" But which form is real?! You might want to pay attention to the balance between reality and delusion in the show.
- Arranging the original story in pursuit of something entertaining
- This fall, Kyoto Animation's newest work, Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai! has high expectations. The series desires to decisively portray "chuunibyou."
- Supervisor Tatsuya Ishihara confesses "To be honest, I also suffered from the disease." How will he put that enthusiasm into this show?
- "This story is targeting people who have been cured from chuunibyou. People who are infected now might prefer a cooler anime. (laughs) If someone mentions chuunibyou, it's typically seen in a negative light, but this story portrays it more entertainingly. With the battle elements in the PV we showed at Comiket, we tried to disguise it as an ordinary chuunibyou type show, but it's an enjoyable romantic comedy once you pull that layer away. We'd like everyone to see it, even people who'd reject it once they heard the word 'chuunibyou.'"
- The heroine, Rikka Takanashi, is an infected chuunibyou patient. Strangely, her phrases and actions aren't painful to watch. They're more cute than anything.
- "It may annoy people, but Rikka will act that way. Including Rikka, we have quite a cast of female characters: the dependable class rep Shinka Nibutani, the amazingly idiotic underclassman Dekomori, and the gentle Kumin-senpai. I think we also have quite an amazing cast assembled as well. Surely seiyuu fans would go "I know what you mean!" won't they? (laughs)"
- Shinka Nibutani appeared in the novel, but Kumin Tsuyuri and Sanae Dekomori are anime original characters. The reason they were created was that there wouldn't be enough characters for a TV series. Similarly, the story has been arranged to have many new elements added.
- "The amount of novel material we had was insufficient even though it was published via Kyoto Animation's KA Esuma label. In short, it feels more like an original series from our company. Because of that, we put so much effort into this series. 'Make it entertaining until the very last scene!' We put in every entertaining moment we could think of and arranged them together. The end is also different from the novels. We hope you enjoy watching it until the very end."
September article 3
ultimatemegax Sep 9th, 2012 11 Never
Not a member of Pastebin yet? Sign Up, it unlocks many cool features!
RAW Paste Data