Drama In Speedrunning
PvtCinnamonbun Nov 30th, 2016 337 Never
Not a member of Pastebin yet? Sign Up, it unlocks many cool features!
- First of all, speedrunning isn't a serious hobby. We're a bunch of misfits playing games made for children. If you speedrun to make money or grow an e-penis or for any other reason besides fun, you're doing it wrong.
- Now that that's out of the way, let's talk about drama. Drama, first and foremost, is funny. When drama crosses a certain line (like stiv ruining a marriage, or snowtiger ruining her marriage, or someone killing themselves), then it's not as funny and it's time to back up.
- My view is that speedrunning content should be a 10:1 balance between runs and drama. Speedrunning is done by actual humans (except those rare god gamers), thus drama is always going to exist around it. And that's a good thing. Drama, like I said, is funny. A good part of the reason I hang around the people I do in speedrunning is because they make such juicy drama that makes me laugh. Between Cyberdemon531 and srg and others, really, REALLY funny stuff has gone down. Just to name a few things:
- Chibi and everything that 4chan dug up on his weird life
- Cosmo turning into Chris-chan
- Cyberdemon531 destroying the RE4 community
- Duke almost breaking his hand before a GDQ run
- Horror being removed
- That being said, drama is like diamonds. It's next to worthless if made artificially. It needs to be fostered naturally, and the best way to do that is to just have fun and keep things loose.
- I'm rambling here, but I just took a bunch of Adderall so my thoughts aren't that straight.
- Anyways, have fun. Keep having fun.
RAW Paste Data