Feb 26th, 2012
- From: firstname.lastname@example.org
- To: email@example.com
- Subject: Draft
- Date: 2012-02-26 19:02:07
- It is with great personal disappointment I have to inform you that I will resign from my position as CEO for Stratfor to immediate effect.
- Please rest assured that this decision was not an easy. But in the light of the recent events, especially the release of our company emails by WikiLeaks, I have decided that stepping down is in the best interest of Stratfor and its customer base.
- I want to emphasize that this will have no effect on Stratfor's business or its members and we will continue to provide state-of-the-art intelligence services.
- Regarding the latest breach, Stratfor is fully in control of the situation However, while I cannot take any personal responsibility for this incident, I still have to admit that mistakes have been made on our side. To be clear: We certainly do not condone any criminal activities by groups like Anonymous or other hackers. This is theft and we will continue to cooperate with law enforcement to bring those responsible to justice. But we must acknowledge that this incident would not have been possible if Stratfor had implemented stronger data protection mechanisms - which will be the case from now on. Indeed we will immediately move to implement the latest, and most comprehensive, data security measures.
- While I played no role in our technical operations, as the company's CEO I do accept full responsibility thus will resign from my position effective immediately.
- Again, my sincerest apologies for this whole unfortunate incident.
- George Friedman
Please, Sign In to add comment