Basic security & Anonymity guide
a guest Jan 11th, 2016 87 Never
Not a member of Pastebin yet? Sign Up, it unlocks many cool features!
- SHORT GUIDE:
- NOTICE: THIS IS A VERY SHORT 'HOWTO'.
- ALL INFO HERE IS MY OPNINION AND EXPERIENCE.
- NOT STATING THAT THIS IS THE 'BEST AND SAFEST' METHOD.
- Two things explained in this Howto.
- - Anonymous browsing
- - Secure communications
- ANONYMOUS BROWSING:
- TOR is an anonymous browser that will hide your location.
- Every session has like three 'switch-points'.
- For example: London --> New York --> Munchen
- So every time you will have a different IP adress and location.
- Download TOR here: https://www.torproject.org/download/download.html.en
- Just install and use, very simple.
- More documentation here: https://www.torproject.org/docs/documentation.html.en
- For extra security a so-called VPN can be used.
- Mant VPN's available, difficult to figure out which one is "best".
- Paid VPN doesn't mean safer!!!
- I use OpenVPN and use it on PC and on Mobile (Android).
- Download OpenVPN (Secure Tunnel) here: https://www.privatetunnel.com/index.php?referral=S5QAC0EE5G
- More documentation here: https://www.privatetunnel.com/index.php/support.html
- Option one: Just use TOR
- Option two: Start VPN, then use TOR
- SECURE COMMUNICATION:
- Several options available.
- Quickest and easiest way: https://www.chatcrypt.com/ (set room, name and password --> give this to other person)
- More complicated but effective: Use the Cryptocat plugin for Chrome browser
- Best and ultimate method: Use Pidgin with OTR plugin
- Download Pidgin here: https://pidgin.im/ (save as, don't execute yet)
- Download OTR plugin here: https://otr.cypherpunks.ca/ (save as, don't execute yet)
- Install Pidgin
- Install OTR plugin
- Start Pidgin;
- - For protocol, choose: XMPP (Jabber)
- - For username: Choose whatever U want
- - For Domain: type --> dukgo.com
- - For password: Choose whatever U want
- - Check "Save this password"
- - Check "Create this new user"
- * Go to "Tools" --> "Plugins" and check "OTR Plugin"
- More documentation here: https://developer.pidgin.im/wiki/Using%20Pidgin
- Good things about Pidgin:
- - Very secure and encrypted
- - You will be notified if other person is logging (which can be bad)
- - Multiple accounts (identities) possible
- - Possibility to truly verify other person via different methods
- - If needed, Pidgn can run via TOR which increases anonymity (a bit complicated)
- - Multiple accounts, multiple groups, chatrooms etc.
- Have fun & Stay safe/secure
RAW Paste Data