LW welcome post instructions
- 1) Log in to lesswrong.com (not the wiki)
- 2) At the top of the grey bar on the right side of the page, confirm that you have the 20 or more Total Karma you need
- 3) Next to that, click "Create new article"
- 4) At the bottom, uncheck (unselect) the checkbox that says "Make this post available under the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License. Allows the creation of derived work, such as Castify podcasts."
- 5) Just above that, choose whether you want to receive comment notifications.
- 6) Just above that, for "Post to", choose "LessWrong", not drafts or discussion.
- 7) Just above that, put these tags in the "Tags:" box near the bottom:faq,welcome,introduction,community,newcomers
- 8) Near the top of the page, put the following title into the title box:Welcome to Less Wrong! (6th thread, July 2013)
- 9) Change the "6th" and "July 2013" just put in the title box as appropriate
- At this point, you can hopefully copy and paste the welcome post at http://lesswrong.com/lw/i4z/welcome_to_less_wrong_6th_thread_july_2013/ (including links, formatting, etcdirectly into the main textarea for the post's content, and Submit the article. If not, do the following:
- i) In the grey bar with editing buttons, click the button saying "HTML" in blue letters
- ii) Empty, if necessary, the big textarea that pops up
- iii) Go to http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=yiV3pZmw
- iv) Copy all the code and paste it into the big textarea.
- v) Click "Update"
- 10) Optionally, edit the title, tags, post content, notes at the bottom of the post, etc.
- 11) Success! The community thanks you...with sweet, sweet, amplified karma
RAW Paste Data