a guest Dec 19th, 2017 156 Never
Not a member of Pastebin yet? Sign Up, it unlocks many cool features!
- 1 medium eggplant, peeled and cut into 1 inch cubes
- salt to taste
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 19-oz can chickpeas, with their liquid
- 2 zucchinis (about 5 inches long), cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 19-oz can diced tomatoes
- 3 tablespoon finely chopped fresh cilantro
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- Sprinkle eggplant cubes with salt; then place in a strainer. Top with a weight and allow to drain for 45 minutes.
- Heat oil in a saucepan and sauté eggplant cubes over moderately high heat until they begin to brown, adding more oil if necessary. Add onions and garlic and gently stir-fly for a few minutes more.
- Stir in chickpeas with their liquid, zucchini cubes, tomatoes, cilantro, pepper, and nutmeg, and bring to boil. Cover and turn heat to low. Simmer for 30 minutes, adding more water if necessary. Serve hot or cold.
RAW Paste Data