- SERBIA/CROATIA/SLOVENIA 29/10/2015 Saturday 01:00 night
- General note: At this moment, all volunteers spots are sufficiently covered for this weekend. If you are able to wait until monday, then many of volunteers will return, that would be the best option.
- Follow http://www.refugeemap.com for detailed info.
- Dalimil Petrilak (https://www.facebook.com/dalimil.petrilak) will be posting updates in the next few days, please let him know all the key information from the field.
- BERKASOVO/BAPSKA (Serbian side) - Serbia and Croatia have agreed on providing trains directly from Sid on the serbian side to Slavonski Brod in Croatia. Latest news say this could start during next week If this happens, volunteers will be needed a to move the material to Sid train station. At this moment number of volunteers here is sufficient (100+ at this moment). 4000 refugees crossed the spot on Friday. Contact number +381 649 366 029.
- OPATOVAC - Thousands came through during the day. Refugees spend in the camp just few hours, transported to Tovarnik and by train from there. Supplies, especially shoes (size 39-45), socks and children & men jackets needes. No volunteers needed at this moment, sufficient staff.
- PRESEVO - On social media there were rumors that new rules for providing volunteer help has been established by police, including minimum duration of stay, but this is not true. You can still come and help, please don't forget register yourself at the police as Serbian law requires for any foreigners staying in the country. Busy night ahead, as 7000 refugees entered Macedonia on Friday.
- Contact Xhelal Hasani from the Center of Solidarity and Advancement Tel. +381 633 74 034, firstname.lastname@example.org or use general contact number for volunteers +381 642 653 479 if you want to help there, large donations not needed at the moment.
- DIMITROVGRAD - Refugees: 200-400 per day. Needs: shoes, jackets, gloves, hats, socks. Medical help would be appreciated. Contact: Nerissa +381 642 18 7291. No volunteers needed now, accreditation very difficult, but if you have time to spend week or two there, your help may be useful.
- BEOGRAD - Refugees taken to a camp with hot meals and shower to rest, after that transported to Berkasovo by bus. At "Miksaliste" Volunteers are still needed, despite it's not so sexy as direct field volunteering. Join us distributing clothing, shoes, food and hygienic items and creating a welcoming atmosphere for the stop-over in Belgrade. We're still accepting and also redistributing donations to border points, which requires help in sorting and packing. Find out more and please register at Volunteer Spot http://www.volunteerspot.com/login/entry/4179297180119 to see what is needed there and to sign up for timeslots.
- BREZICE, DOBOVA - There are enough local volunteers at Dobova 1 and 2 to manage needs there, and Brežice is empty.
- SPIELFELD/SENTILJ - Camps on both sides of the border are busy, but controlled. Problems are in the no-mans land, but volunteers ARE needed, but only have access if registered with the Red Cross (Team Österreich)
- https://www.teamoesterreich.at/cv/tomReg.jsf - See timetable to register for a shift here: https://helfen.st.roteskreuz.at/
- Situation in Sentilj is stabilised, but nervous, a lot of people still trapped in no man's land between Šentilj (SLO) and Spielfeld (AT). Medical volunteers especially needed.
- BAD RADKERSBURG - volunteers may be needed, but no further details. Let is know if you have any details.
- OTHER NEWS
- - If you have enough time and sources to travel to Lesvos, Greece, where situation is more desperate, do that. Volunteers are saving lives from sea, but many desperate scenes including those refugees, who were not lucky enough and drowned in the sea. Read this volunteering guide to Lesvos: http://bit.ly/lesvolunteer
- - Situation in Macedonia is somehow stabilized, official NGO's helping. Independent volunteers NOT able to help, accreditation with official NGO necessary! (5 000 - 7 000 refugees crossing border from Greece daily)
- - There is still possibility to get supplies in Szeged at MigSzol warehouse at Gárdonyi utca 6. So if you are on the way via Hungary, you can go and pick up what will be needed. MigSzol unfortunately does not have any cars to drive the supplies down to Serbia/Croatia. Always contact coordinator before approaching Szeged: Szalai Balázs +36 20 229 6669 or Szőke - Tóth Ágnes +36 304 27 34 60.
- - Large amounts of supplies could be picked up also in Zagreb, please call Lejla +385 91 456 77 05 if you are able to bring any supplies from Zagreb to any of the borders.
- - Supplies which are needed almost at all places: warm and/or waterproof clothing (jackets, pullovers), blankets, shoes, hats, gloves, socks, dry and canned food, fruit; food for babies and milk. Generally, anything what could make them at least little bit warm and help them of hunger.
- - Also SIM cards for those who has to wait would be great so they can contact their relatives.
- - and don't forget to act: http://www.europeact.eu
SERBIA/CROATIA/SLOVENIA 29/10/2015 Saturday 01:00 night
michalberg Oct 30th, 2015 423 Never
RAW Paste Data