CloudPets Breach Notice (no, they're not sorry!)
Mar 1st, 2017
- Dear CloudPets user,
- We recently discovered that unauthorized third parties illegally gained access to our CloudPets server. Our investigation concludes that no voice recordings or profile pictures were stolen. The stolen user account information may have included names, email addresses, and encrypted passwords.
- We have taken measures to block further unauthorized access, and reported the matter to the appropriate authorities for further investigation.
- As an additional security measure we are asking all users to create new stronger passwords. We've increased our password policy strength, now requiring a password of at least 8 characters (including at least a number or special character). We continuously enhance our safeguards and systems that detect and prevent unauthorized access to user accounts.
- Please follow the link below to reset your passwords.
- We encourage you to not use the same password on multiple services.
- As an additional recommendation:
- Change your passwords for any other accounts on which you used the same or similar information used for your CloudPets account.
- Be cautious of any unsolicited communications that ask for your personal information or refer you to a web page asking for personal information.
- Avoid clicking on links or downloading attachments from suspicious emails.
- For More Information
- For more information about this issue you can visit our https://cloudpets.zendesk.com/hc/en-us FAQ page.
- Protecting your information is important to us as is to make your children smile.
- CloudPets Team
Please, Sign In to add comment