Guest User

Kingdom Hearts Wiki Roundtable - August 8, 2014

a guest
Aug 8th, 2014
343
Never
Not a member of Pastebin yet? Sign Up, it unlocks many cool features!
  1.  
  2. Session Start: Fri Aug 08 12:55:47 2014
  3. Session Ident: #KHWiki-noticeboard
  4. [12:55] * Now talking in #KHWiki-noticeboard
  5. [12:55] * Topic is 'Welcome to #KHWiki-noticeboard, the official channel for business and wiki-related discussions on the subject of the independent KHWiki! Please refrain from socializing in this channel. You can do so in #KHWiki-social instead. Next Roundtable: August 8th. Check out the current issue of the KHWiki magazine! http://www.khwiki.com/KHWiki:Magazine/Issue_1'
  6. [12:55] * Set by Xion4ever!482f7d69@gateway/web/freenode/ip.72.47.125.105 on Fri Aug 01 17:52:54 2014
  7. [13:13] <KeybladeSpyMaste> You guys ready to go?
  8. [13:15] <ANX219> <crickets chirp>
  9. [13:16] <KeybladeSpyMaste> Yep
  10. [13:16] <FM|AfterStory> Sure
  11. [13:17] <FM|AfterStory> Wait let's call Luxerion
  12. [13:17] <FM|AfterStory> He's needed for the first agenda
  13. [13:17] <+Luxerion> yeah yeah, i'm here
  14. [13:17] <FM|AfterStory> Also, does someone have CoF's and Xion's points at hand?
  15. [13:18] <ANX219> tabbed?
  16. [13:18] <KeybladeSpyMaste> Yep
  17. [13:18] <ANX219> i can uh do that
  18. [13:18] <+Luxerion> i'll say this now, we can skip the first point because they never replied to my direct message. so i'm guessing either they don't want to do it or it's just too late now.
  19. [13:19] <KeybladeSpyMaste> The first point is the End of Year Event....
  20. [13:19] <ANX219> Xion wants to start planning
  21. [13:19] <ANX219> Chain says we could do a joint with The Keyhole
  22. [13:20] <FM|AfterStory> I have no problem with doing a joint
  23. [13:20] <KeybladeSpyMaste> Me neither
  24. [13:20] <FM|AfterStory> I think the main problem we have here is figuring out what to do for an event
  25. [13:20] <ANX219> Yeah
  26. [13:20] <KeybladeSpyMaste> Since it's like, what, five people from there...
  27. [13:20] <ANX219> What did we do last time?
  28. [13:21] <KeybladeSpyMaste> I don't know...
  29. [13:21] <FM|AfterStory> Last year was the ReMIX contest
  30. [13:21] <ANX219> I think it was along the lines of re-play through the game and obtaining certain trophies or something
  31. [13:21] <FM|AfterStory> Which was a quiz + cosplay but it didn't turn out well
  32. [13:21] <ANX219> link?
  33. [13:21] <FM|AfterStory> Only one person entered the quiz
  34. [13:22] <ANX219> bummer
  35. [13:22] <FM|AfterStory> http://www.khwiki.com/KHWiki:ReMIX_Contest
  36. [13:22] <FM|AfterStory> The year before was more successful
  37. [13:22] <KeybladeSpyMaste> I was the only person.....
  38. [13:22] <KeybladeSpyMaste> Apparently...
  39. [13:22] <FM|AfterStory> Oh, maybe more than one person applied then x_x
  40. [13:22] <FM|AfterStory> I only knew that CoF won
  41. [13:23] <KeybladeSpyMaste> Dang it!
  42. [13:23] <FM|AfterStory> Anyway, the 2012 End of Year Event was a game-playing thing where we achieved goals to earn points for your team
  43. [13:23] * Cheisa (ad42907a@gateway/web/freenode/ip.173.66.144.122) has joined #KHWiki-noticeboard
  44. [13:23] * ChanServ sets mode: +v Cheisa
  45. [13:23] <FM|AfterStory> Hi UC
  46. [13:23] <FM|AfterStory> Do you have any ideas for End of Year Event 2014?
  47. [13:24] <FM|AfterStory> http://www.khwiki.com/KHWiki:End_of_Year_Event_2012 For reference
  48. [13:24] <ANX219> Centered around 2.5 I'm assuming
  49. [13:24] <+Luxerion> oh but we can skip the khi one so yeah
  50. [13:24] <+Cheisa> 'thanks for notifying me' FM
  51. [13:24] <KeybladeSpyMaste> Yeah, I'm thinking we should do it 2.5 themed...since the game comes out at about the same time
  52. [13:25] <ANX219> last year's looks hard
  53. [13:25] <+Cheisa> which team earn the most trophies in 2.5
  54. [13:26] <+Cheisa> and 1.5 if you want
  55. [13:26] <FM|AfterStory> So, basically the same thing we done for 2012?
  56. [13:26] <FM|AfterStory> But using the trophies as goals
  57. [13:26] <ANX219> i'd like to participate but I only have 3D, REC, and Days
  58. [13:27] <+Cheisa> yeah
  59. [13:27] <KeybladeSpyMaste> I don't know....couldn't we do something else/in addition to for those of us that are less capable of having either HD 1.5 or HD 2.5?
  60. [13:28] <ANX219> we could tie in Project Music
  61. [13:28] <+Cheisa> ANX, I guess apply what trophies you can earn in 1/2.5 to the regular released
  62. [13:28] <+Cheisa> I forgot what trophy are in 1.5
  63. [13:28] <ANX219> I don't have a playstation (and i call myself a kingdom hearts fan -_-)
  64. [13:29] <+Cheisa> http://www.khinsider.com/kingdom-hearts-hd-remix/trophies oh
  65. [13:29] <FM|AfterStory> The same problem we had last time was everyone not having the same game
  66. [13:29] * Cheisa is now known as Cheisa|Crystal
  67. [13:29] <ANX219> wiki scavenger hunt?
  68. [13:30] <FM|AfterStory> Meaning?
  69. [13:30] <ANX219> oh nevermind
  70. [13:31] <ANX219> you could easily cheat
  71. [13:31] <KeybladeSpyMaste> I'm wondering if we could do something like we did with the To Do List in the Magazine: have points for doing things in the game (like gaining the trophies, for example) but also for editing certain pages on the wiki....
  72. [13:31] <KeybladeSpyMaste> Like the pages tied to Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5 ReMIX
  73. [13:31] <ANX219> i was thinking of searching for certain words on certain pages tied to KH2.5 but you can cheat with the word search
  74. [13:32] <FM|AfterStory> One idea I had was doing some sort of creative works event
  75. [13:33] <FM|AfterStory> Where we pick a theme (e.g. a World)
  76. [13:33] * Crono|Away is now known as SilverCrono
  77. [13:34] <FM|AfterStory> And then people make creative works (e.g. fanart, fanfics, photos, even buildings in minecraft!) and then maybe the top three are picked as best
  78. [13:34] <FM|AfterStory> *make creative works about the theme
  79. [13:34] <ANX219> That's cool
  80. [13:34] <FM|AfterStory> But, I'm not sure how many people will be bothered to do that
  81. [13:34] <FM|AfterStory> So it's most likely going to be a small turnout
  82. [13:34] <ANX219> i get good stuff done if I'm under pressure
  83. [13:34] <ANX219> more motivated
  84. [13:37] <ANX219> should we move on?
  85. [13:37] <FM|AfterStory> We still haven't reached a conclusion
  86. [13:37] <KeybladeSpyMaste> We've got nothing.....
  87. [13:37] <FM|AfterStory> http://www.khwiki.com/Forum:End_of_Year_Event_Vote
  88. [13:38] <FM|AfterStory> I think we should just do another vote like this
  89. [13:38] <FM|AfterStory> To see which idea we choose
  90. [13:38] <ANX219> i'm on there XD
  91. [13:39] <KeybladeSpyMaste> I'm trying to understand what you guys did for 2012
  92. [13:39] <FM|AfterStory> We were split into teams
  93. [13:39] <+Cheisa|Crystal> "Votes for the Pokémon tournament"
  94. [13:39] <+Cheisa|Crystal> I forgot about that
  95. [13:39] <+Cheisa|Crystal> ..
  96. [13:40] <ANX219> and got 5 or 2 points for certain objectives
  97. [13:40] <FM|AfterStory> And each of us had a specific game to play. Each game had a certain number of objectives to fulfil and we had to fulfil as many objectives in our designated games to get as much points
  98. [13:40] <ANX219> like beating it on critical mode or collecting 9999 hearts
  99. [13:40] <FM|AfterStory> That 9999 moogle points one was hell :P
  100. [13:41] <+Luxerion> that thing is my proudest creation on the khwiki :')
  101. [13:41] <KeybladeSpyMaste> Ahhh....now the page makes more sense...
  102. [13:41] <FM|AfterStory> Yeah, that event was great
  103. [13:42] <FM|AfterStory> That 2 point difference
  104. [13:43] <KeybladeSpyMaste> So, we want something that great...
  105. [13:43] <ANX219> woah
  106. [13:44] <KeybladeSpyMaste> ...right?
  107. [13:44] <FM|AfterStory> I feel that we can't repeat an event to that calibre without replicating it
  108. [13:44] <FM|AfterStory> Unless someone has a complete brainstorm (so here's hoping :P)
  109. [13:44] <FM|AfterStory> *brainwave that is
  110. [13:44] <ANX219> we could have
  111. [13:44] <ANX219> like weird facts about users
  112. [13:44] <ANX219> and have people hunt for the userpage they are on
  113. [13:45] <ANX219> and guess the user
  114. [13:46] <KeybladeSpyMaste> We could try to do it again, but change what would have to be done to gain the points. Like I was saying, we could have points awarded for work on the game and points awarded for work on the wiki articles tied to HD 2.5 ReMIX. I think we should give more points for work on the game than on the wiki...
  115. [13:47] <KeybladeSpyMaste> You know what I really want to do? Just take what has been proposed, and tie it all into one huge event. Like award points for doing things on the game, for doing work on the page I mentioned, presenting a creative work on certain themes....that'd be so cool.
  116. [13:48] <ANX219> yeah
  117. [13:55] <KeybladeSpyMaste> So, anyone else?
  118. [13:55] <FM|AfterStory> Err, nothing
  119. [13:55] <ANX219> file not found
  120. [13:56] <FM|AfterStory> The event would run through December since it's an End of Year Event, correct?
  121. [13:56] <KeybladeSpyMaste> Yeah, I think so...How has it been done in the past?
  122. [13:57] <KeybladeSpyMaste> Like, does it usually run through December, or do we start earlier?
  123. [13:57] <FM|AfterStory> ReMIX Contest was different but 2012's event was through December
  124. [13:57] <FM|AfterStory> Either way, it's August now so we have time to decide
  125. [13:57] <+Luxerion> well, technically, i think it started november
  126. [13:57] <FM|AfterStory> Late november though
  127. [13:58] <FM|AfterStory> Didn't we still need to sort out last minute rules and stuff?
  128. [13:59] <FM|AfterStory> Anyway, if by September we have a concept. In October, we can flesh it out into a skeleton. And then in November, we can solve last minute queries
  129. [13:59] <FM|AfterStory> December, we should be able to launch the event
  130. [13:59] <ANX219> sounds good
  131. [13:59] <FM|AfterStory> Maybe we should have a forum open for ideas
  132. [13:59] <KeybladeSpyMaste> Ok. So then, we open a forum to discuss this?
  133. [13:59] <FM|AfterStory> And have a sitenotice advertising it
  134. [13:59] <KeybladeSpyMaste> Yeah
  135. [13:59] <ANX219> yeah
  136. [14:00] <FM|AfterStory> We also need to figure out how this is going to tie into the Keyhole
  137. [14:00] <FM|AfterStory>
  138. [14:00] <FM|AfterStory> Sorry
  139. [14:00] <KeybladeSpyMaste> Hmmm....
  140. [14:00] <FM|AfterStory> jjm
  141. [14:00] <FM|AfterStory> Sorry again
  142. [14:00] <FM|AfterStory> I'm figuring something out with mIRC
  143. [14:00] <ANX219> cat on your keyboard, eh?
  144. [14:00] * FM|AfterStory goes to PM himself
  145. [14:01] <KeybladeSpyMaste> Do we move on now?
  146. [14:01] <ANX219> i would assume so
  147. [14:01] <FM|AfterStory> Next point?
  148. [14:01] <KeybladeSpyMaste> Point 2 was the Affiliation with Kingdom Hearts Insider.
  149. [14:01] <KeybladeSpyMaste> They didn't answer Erry's PM on Twitter
  150. [14:01] <ANX219> Xion:Was thinking there was something we were waiting on to finish (maybe TT)
  151. [14:02] <ANX219> Chain:Gets us more resources
  152. [14:02] <FM|AfterStory> I'm having second thoughts about partnering with KHI
  153. [14:02] <KeybladeSpyMaste> There was nothing we were waiting on, necessarily (I checked the logs last night.)
  154. [14:02] <ANX219> alright
  155. [14:03] <KeybladeSpyMaste> I have a question or two, now, since they didn't answer...
  156. [14:03] <FM|AfterStory> Cos firstly, it seems that their contactibility isn't very smooth
  157. [14:03] <FM|AfterStory> And secondly, the Trinity Archives seems like something the Wiki should run itself now
  158. [14:03] <FM|AfterStory> Seeing as it's now part of the Chain of Rewards system and that it covers Wiki news
  159. [14:04] <FM|AfterStory> It may be obstructive to Wiki news having a constant KH news feed rather than the summary of main points it is now
  160. [14:04] <KeybladeSpyMaste> yeah
  161. [14:04] <FM|AfterStory> Maybe, we should stick to a simple affiliation?
  162. [14:04] <KeybladeSpyMaste> So I've got two questions: 1- Does the wiki still want to affiliate with Kingdom Hearts Insider?
  163. [14:05] <FM|AfterStory> Again, we need some more people to decide this
  164. [14:05] <KeybladeSpyMaste> 2-If we do, should it stay simple, like FM said, or have something else in addition to that?
  165. [14:05] <FM|AfterStory> Like NZ, Xion and other staff
  166. [14:05] <KeybladeSpyMaste> Yeah.
  167. [14:05] <KeybladeSpyMaste> Doesn't NZ get on in another hour or so?
  168. [14:05] <FM|AfterStory> Forum post again?
  169. [14:05] <FM|AfterStory> Dunno
  170. [14:06] <FM|AfterStory> Then, let's postpone this point
  171. [14:06] <KeybladeSpyMaste> Cuz I've got an idea for this.
  172. [14:06] <ANX219> the colliding viewpoints
  173. [14:06] <FM|AfterStory> What's your idea?
  174. [14:06] <KeybladeSpyMaste> Ok, no I don't. Let's postpone this, then and maybe I'll have my ideas straightend out...
  175. [14:06] <FM|AfterStory> Sure...
  176. [14:06] <FM|AfterStory> Err, Staff Policy
  177. [14:07] <KeybladeSpyMaste> 3- Staff Policy
  178. [14:07] <KeybladeSpyMaste> What exactly are we straightening out?
  179. [14:07] <FM|AfterStory> I brought this up because I wasn't sure if the rules we wrote for the policy are what we want to keep
  180. [14:07] <ANX219> ^
  181. [14:07] <FM|AfterStory> Because I remember this being decided over one roundtable
  182. [14:07] <ANX219> it was something along edits
  183. [14:08] <FM|AfterStory> A forum post was created along with it but I don't remember it seeing much activity
  184. [14:08] <ANX219> Xion brings up how often Kryten shows up doing small edits but the rules say no edits
  185. [14:09] <FM|AfterStory> Honestly, I think the policy should shift its focus away from "you're demoted if you become inactive" and more "tell us if you're going to be inactive"
  186. [14:09] <KeybladeSpyMaste> FM, was this at all related to Kryten's leaving? 'Cuz both Chain and Xion's responses/notes seems to imply that at least they think it is.
  187. [14:09] <FM|AfterStory> Not at all x_x
  188. [14:09] <ANX219> Chain think TNE should be demoted (inactivity)
  189. [14:09] <FM|AfterStory> It was kinda misunderstood
  190. [14:09] <KeybladeSpyMaste> Yeah, that's what I was thinking.
  191. [14:10] <FM|AfterStory> TNE remained a mod because she manages one of KHWiki's external accounts but I forgot which one and even if she still does
  192. [14:10] <KeybladeSpyMaste> DA
  193. [14:10] <FM|AfterStory> Yeah, that's it
  194. [14:10] <KeybladeSpyMaste> She manages the wiki's DeviantArt account. At least, in theory, she does.
  195. [14:10] <FM|AfterStory> But I don't see that holding any water to her keeping a moderator position
  196. [14:10] <KeybladeSpyMaste> I think she was there a year ago when I asked to join the DA group.
  197. [14:10] <FM|AfterStory> KSM and Pea manage the Twitter account though they're not staff
  198. [14:12] <ANX219> i thought pea was a mod (Whoops_
  199. [14:12] <FM|AfterStory> "Inactivity will not be tolerated if it is not excused. Being inactive and doing a single edit a day that is simply a grammar correction will not suffice."
  200. [14:12] <FM|AfterStory> I think that rule is too harsh in my opinion
  201. [14:12] <ANX219> it does sound that way
  202. [14:12] <FM|AfterStory> Activity isn't really something you can measure easily just by looking at an edit count
  203. [14:12] <KeybladeSpyMaste> ^
  204. [14:12] <ANX219> true
  205. [14:13] <FM|AfterStory> Some people do edits in bursts rather than being consistent across days.
  206. [14:13] <KeybladeSpyMaste> Xion won't be here once school starts. At least until December. But that doesn't mean she's leaving completely.
  207. [14:13] <FM|AfterStory> And others do little edits but quality ones
  208. [14:13] <KeybladeSpyMaste> The rule says she does, though.
  209. [14:13] * Chitalian (~chatzilla@cpe-142-255-90-52.nyc.res.rr.com) Quit (Quit: ChatZilla 0.9.90.1 [Firefox 31.0/20140716183446])
  210. [14:13] <KeybladeSpyMaste> Nope, I was wrong...
  211. [14:14] <KeybladeSpyMaste> 'cuz her inactivity would be excused
  212. [14:14] <FM|AfterStory> I think that rule should be removed and replaced with a "If you will become temporarily inactive, it is mandatory to notify the rest of the Wiki."
  213. [14:14] <KeybladeSpyMaste> I agree with that.
  214. [14:14] <FM|AfterStory> *If you know you are going to be temporarily inactive
  215. [14:15] <FM|AfterStory> All aboard with that idea then?
  216. [14:15] <KeybladeSpyMaste> I'm wondering if we should rewrite it, the whole page. List things like responsibilities, limits, such
  217. [14:16] <FM|AfterStory> http://www.khwiki.com/KHWiki:Administrators
  218. [14:16] <FM|AfterStory> We have that stuff too
  219. [14:16] <FM|AfterStory> Which is good enough for me
  220. [14:16] <KeybladeSpyMaste> Oh yeah
  221. [14:16] <KeybladeSpyMaste> That was never finished, though...either.
  222. [14:16] <ANX219> TNE hasn't made an edit since last july
  223. [14:16] <FM|AfterStory> Is everyone also agreed to demote TNE?
  224. [14:17] <ANX219> She did claim Inactive on her User Page
  225. [14:17] <KeybladeSpyMaste> Sure, I guess. I guess by the books, she should be....
  226. [14:17] <FM|AfterStory> Luxerion, your opinion?
  227. [14:17] <KeybladeSpyMaste> I'm wondering if we should find her and ask her first...
  228. [14:18] <ANX219> anyone check her stats on francphone?
  229. [14:18] <ANX219> (spelling?)
  230. [14:18] <KeybladeSpyMaste> THat's the French KHWiki, right?
  231. [14:18] <FM|AfterStory> I'm pretty sure we gave ENX and TNE many warnings before
  232. [14:18] <FM|AfterStory> French Wiki doesn't really have anything to do with the English Wiki
  233. [14:18] <+Luxerion> demote her, when she comes back and asks about her rank, tell her because of policy, she was demoted but deemed to be inactive, so she can ask for her rights back.
  234. [14:19] <FM|AfterStory> Sure
  235. [14:19] <FM|AfterStory> But then she'd have to observe the "two months of consistent activity" rule, yes?
  236. [14:19] <+Luxerion> hmm? is that for after she gets her rights back?
  237. [14:19] <ANX219> active for that period then ask for rights?
  238. [14:20] <KeybladeSpyMaste> ^ I think that's right..
  239. [14:20] <FM|AfterStory> "If you are inactive, and wishing to be part of staff once more, you will have to show two months of consistent activity to regain your previous staff position."
  240. [14:20] <ANX219> Yeah
  241. [14:20] <+Luxerion> hmm, then that must be what she has to do
  242. [14:21] <+Luxerion> so just demote her, inform her of the new policy and that's that.
  243. [14:21] <FM|AfterStory> The policy should make a distinction between excused and unexcused inactivity
  244. [14:21] <KeybladeSpyMaste> Excused: Out of your hands
  245. [14:22] <FM|AfterStory> The former is inactivity due to real life situations that the staff member notified the Wiki of beforehand
  246. [14:22] <FM|AfterStory> And the latter is unexplained inactivity
  247. [14:22] <KeybladeSpyMaste> Unexcused: You are choosing to no longer edit on the wiki. There may be a reason to not do so, but the ultimate decision/inactivity is in your hands
  248. [14:22] <FM|AfterStory> Excused inactive staff should be able to get their rights back as soon as they return
  249. [14:22] <KeybladeSpyMaste> Yeah
  250. [14:23] <FM|AfterStory> And unexcused should need to undergo the 2 month "probation" period
  251. [14:23] <ANX219> yes
  252. [14:23] <FM|AfterStory> Which category does TNE belong to?
  253. [14:24] <FM|AfterStory> And then, there's also the situation with Kryten
  254. [14:24] <FM|AfterStory> He's announced his inactivity but says it's permanant
  255. [14:25] <KeybladeSpyMaste> But, he's been retired already, no?
  256. [14:25] <FM|AfterStory> Luxerion, did TNE warn about her inactivity before?
  257. [14:25] <FM|AfterStory> Yeah, so I guess KK's rights should be removed then but he could get them back if he returns
  258. [14:25] <+Luxerion> tne just said she'd be inactive on her userpage and that's it
  259. [14:26] <FM|AfterStory> Did you contact her on twitter once when we were discussing TNE and ENX?
  260. [14:26] <+Luxerion> i contacted her on facebook
  261. [14:26] <+Luxerion> she replied that she'd return to take care of it
  262. [14:26] <FM|AfterStory> But she didn't so I guess she belongs to the "unexcused" category
  263. [14:27] <FM|AfterStory> (Is anyone writing a summary of this by the way?)
  264. [14:27] <KeybladeSpyMaste> I'm logging
  265. [14:27] <KeybladeSpyMaste> I can write the summary if no one else will.
  266. [14:27] <FM|AfterStory> Okay
  267. [14:27] <FM|AfterStory> Good
  268. [14:28] <FM|AfterStory> So rights will be removed from TNE and KK, then?
  269. [14:28] <FM|AfterStory> Our staff are ever-dwindling :(
  270. [14:28] <KeybladeSpyMaste> So we remove TNE and KK's rights, witht the former for unexcused inactivity.
  271. [14:28] <+Luxerion> yes
  272. [14:29] <KeybladeSpyMaste> The policy is changed as FM wrote it. Probation for those who go inactive unexcused, immediate restoration of rights for those who advise us of their inactivity ahead of time
  273. [14:29] <KeybladeSpyMaste> Any other changes to the Staff Policy?
  274. [14:29] <FM|AfterStory> Did people ever get temporary mod perms for certain image projects before?
  275. [14:29] <KeybladeSpyMaste> Xion mentioned it somewhere a couple of days or weeks back.
  276. [14:29] <Sora1995> (How does one become a staff member?)
  277. [14:29] <+Luxerion> yes, the inexistent and me got mod rights for a period of time
  278. [14:30] <FM|AfterStory> Sora, I think through an election if the situation ever calls for it
  279. [14:30] <Sora1995> Ah
  280. [14:30] <+Luxerion> however to counteract that we made porple make a usergroup that had the 'image' powers of mods, but not the 'administration' powers.
  281. [14:30] <FM|AfterStory> Should people doing Project:Image Renovation get those temporary perms?
  282. [14:31] <FM|AfterStory> I can think of someone who may need those :P
  283. [14:31] <ANX219> hi
  284. [14:31] * FM|AfterStory is now known as FifteenthMember
  285. [14:31] <ANX219> i'm kidding
  286. [14:31] * FifteenthMember is thinking of ANX
  287. [14:32] <FifteenthMember> Xion seems pretty stretched dealing with image links and deleting images
  288. [14:32] <ANX219> she's awesome at it
  289. [14:33] <+Luxerion> mmh, could always contact porple or any beaureaucrat to give you the abilities
  290. [14:33] <KeybladeSpyMaste> Yeah, plus she seems to be done at this point till winter break...she said she had a band thing this week. And school starts for her the week after that.
  291. [14:33] <FifteenthMember> Firstly, I need to actually ask ANX if she wants the perms cos I kinda bombshelled it on her :P
  292. [14:33] <ANX219> I start school on wednesday
  293. [14:33] <ANX219> perms?
  294. [14:33] <FifteenthMember> The image permissions
  295. [14:34] <FifteenthMember> ANX, will you still be editing during school or are you taking a break?
  296. [14:34] <ANX219> I think I should start school first then decide if I will have time
  297. [14:35] <FifteenthMember> Okay then
  298. [14:35] <+Luxerion> i need to mention something at the end of the rt so ping me at the end
  299. [14:35] <ANX219> Last time i was here I edited for like a week and then forgot all about it XD Sorry about that
  300. [14:36] <FifteenthMember> Okay EK
  301. [14:36] <FifteenthMember> Next agenda then?
  302. [14:37] <KeybladeSpyMaste> 4-Mobile issues
  303. [14:37] <FifteenthMember> Err, mobile viewing
  304. [14:38] <FifteenthMember> Pretty much nothing to say here
  305. [14:38] <KeybladeSpyMaste> Yeah...
  306. [14:38] <FifteenthMember> I just took this opportunity to advertise that forum
  307. [14:38] <ANX219> There was some error i notice but I do not remember what it was
  308. [14:38] <ANX219> *noticed
  309. [14:38] <KeybladeSpyMaste> Since we're here. ARE there any problems anyone wants to bring up that has access to the site on their phone?
  310. [14:38] <KeybladeSpyMaste> And/or tablets, I guess...
  311. [14:39] <FifteenthMember> I have a few but I forgot them too x_x
  312. [14:39] * Neumannz (~egrahc@pool-173-73-31-210.washdc.fios.verizon.net) has joined #KHWiki-noticeboard
  313. [14:39] <FifteenthMember> I'm planning on just browsing areas of the site one day and posting the issues then
  314. [14:39] <FifteenthMember> Hey NZ
  315. [14:39] <KeybladeSpyMaste> Hey NZ!
  316. [14:39] <ANX219> hi
  317. [14:39] <Neumannz> Hey all
  318. [14:40] <Neumannz> What have I missed
  319. [14:40] <Neumannz> I'll be mostly hovering, there's a lot going on over here
  320. [14:40] <ANX219> the first three points
  321. [14:41] <KeybladeSpyMaste> Here, let me get you a log...
  322. [14:41] <Neumannz> Just sum it up
  323. [14:41] <Neumannz> I'm on my phone
  324. [14:41] <KeybladeSpyMaste> Oh.
  325. [14:41] <ANX219> Rejected
  326. [14:41] <ANX219> (sorry)
  327. [14:41] <KeybladeSpyMaste> Shush. No one needs to know!
  328. [14:41] <Neumannz> Or come back to it later, I don't want to stall things
  329. [14:42] <KeybladeSpyMaste> So, we're gonna open a forum for ideas for the End of Year event
  330. [14:42] <Neumannz> Good
  331. [14:42] <KeybladeSpyMaste> We pushed the KHI affiliation agenda point to the end in case you came
  332. [14:43] <Neumannz> Isn't erry the contact?
  333. [14:43] <KeybladeSpyMaste> We just finished reviewing the Staff Policy.
  334. [14:43] <FifteenthMember> We just needed more opinions on what to do
  335. [14:43] <KeybladeSpyMaste> They didn't show, so....
  336. [14:43] <FifteenthMember> To see if we still want them monitering the Trinity Archives
  337. [14:43] <Neumannz> Ok
  338. [14:43] <FifteenthMember> *writing
  339. [14:43] <KeybladeSpyMaste> Nor did they answer Erry's PM on Twitter
  340. [14:44] <Neumannz> I see
  341. [14:44] <FifteenthMember> Personally, I'm having second thoughts about partnering with them since the Trinity Archives seems to be something the Wiki can run ourself easily
  342. [14:44] <+Luxerion> i mentioned that KHI never contacted me, so... we can't do much at this point... either too late (opportunity passed and they lost patience) or they just don't want to do anything.
  343. [14:44] <ANX219> I think we're good as independent
  344. [14:44] <KeybladeSpyMaste> Do we want to go there now? Or wait till the end?
  345. [14:44] <FifteenthMember> ^
  346. [14:44] <FifteenthMember> We might as well sort it now
  347. [14:45] <KeybladeSpyMaste> Ok.
  348. [14:45] <+Luxerion> i'd say, drop it at this point. it's been postponed too much and i don't think it's worth the trouble at this point.
  349. [14:45] <FifteenthMember> Sure
  350. [14:45] <FifteenthMember> I'm always up for a simple affiliation though
  351. [14:45] <Neumannz> Seems that way
  352. [14:45] <KeybladeSpyMaste> I'm thinking the biggest thing we've got is that we could use their translations as official sources in our own articles...
  353. [14:45] <KeybladeSpyMaste> Like, that was something I kinda was looking forward to.
  354. [14:46] <FifteenthMember> The reason we don't use their translations as official sources is they're fan-translated
  355. [14:46] <FifteenthMember> Not because we're not allowed to
  356. [14:46] <FifteenthMember> At least, that's what I thought?
  357. [14:46] <KeybladeSpyMaste> To be honest, though, aren't most of the interviews in Japanese translated to English by fans?
  358. [14:46] <FifteenthMember> Yeah, which is why we don't use many of them
  359. [14:47] <ANX219> "don't use many"
  360. [14:47] <ANX219> uh
  361. [14:47] <FifteenthMember> Usually, unless it's a professional site (e.g. IGN, Gamespot) or an official source of information (famitsu articles), we don't add the info
  362. [14:48] <KeybladeSpyMaste> But Famitsu, for example, isn't in English, right? Someone else has to translate it.
  363. [14:48] <KeybladeSpyMaste> And I can tell you, Square Enix doesn't do us the favor of that.
  364. [14:48] <FifteenthMember> Yeah, that's true x_x
  365. [14:48] <ANX219> I've heard lot of ruckus on Famitsu
  366. [14:49] <KeybladeSpyMaste> What do you mean?
  367. [14:49] <FifteenthMember> Neumannz, what's the policy on fan-translated articles?
  368. [14:49] <ANX219> Users fighting on the wiki about using their images and such
  369. [14:49] <ANX219> it's probably because i went through the block log
  370. [14:50] <Neumannz> Well
  371. [14:50] <Neumannz> We cannot source to a fansite's coverage, only to the interview itself
  372. [14:51] <Neumannz> And we take translations with many grains of salt
  373. [14:51] <Neumannz> So unless we independently get a translation, we tend to skip
  374. [14:51] <Neumannz> Well, not skip
  375. [14:51] <FifteenthMember> Hmm, either way partnering with KHI doesn't solve the issue
  376. [14:51] <Neumannz> We give it a {{fact}} tag
  377. [14:52] <FifteenthMember> That policy seems okay to me
  378. [14:52] <Neumannz> I believe that's the policy
  379. [14:52] <ANX219> FM is right
  380. [14:52] <FifteenthMember> So the other thing we discussed is the Staff Policy
  381. [14:52] <ANX219> TNE demote until resurrection
  382. [14:52] <ANX219> , correct?
  383. [14:53] <FifteenthMember> Yeah
  384. [14:53] <FifteenthMember> It's decided that TNE will be demoted due to unexplained inactivity
  385. [14:53] * Silversey (~SilverCro@seiwa/user/SilverCrono) has joined #KHWiki-noticeboard
  386. [14:53] <FifteenthMember> And also, Kryten should have to have his rights removed since he declared permanant inactivity
  387. [14:53] * SilverCrono (~SilverCro@seiwa/user/SilverCrono) Quit (Ping timeout: 264 seconds)
  388. [14:54] <KeybladeSpyMaste> Back on the KHI thing, should we shoot for a regular affiliation, then, or just drop it altogether?
  389. [14:54] <FifteenthMember> If they want a regular affiliation, accept
  390. [14:55] <FifteenthMember> If not, drop it
  391. [14:55] <FifteenthMember> My view
  392. [14:56] <FifteenthMember> So all agreed?
  393. [14:56] <FifteenthMember> Shall we move on?
  394. [14:56] <+Luxerion> i say drop it, end of :p
  395. [14:56] <FifteenthMember> I'm inclined to agree
  396. [14:56] <Neumannz> Very well
  397. [14:56] <FifteenthMember> But if they approach us with the offer, sure
  398. [14:56] <KeybladeSpyMaste> I personally would think it'd be good for the wiki.
  399. [14:57] <KeybladeSpyMaste> At least publicity-wise
  400. [14:57] <Neumannz> If it worked, yeah
  401. [14:57] <+Luxerion> if they approach us, sure. but if people are really determined to get the affiliation, go for it.
  402. [14:57] <FifteenthMember> If they did control our news feed, wouldn't that make it a copy of theirs?
  403. [14:57] <+Luxerion> but i say for now, don't bother with it :p
  404. [14:58] <KeybladeSpyMaste> I'll be back in a few.
  405. [14:58] <+Luxerion> it's basically their news on our site
  406. [14:58] <+Luxerion> that was the point in the beginning. because we don't get a lot of news ourselves
  407. [14:58] <Neumannz> Yeah
  408. [14:58] <FifteenthMember> But things have picked up since then so we're keeping on top of things, well enough
  409. [15:00] <FifteenthMember> NZ, how's the mobile site for you?
  410. [15:00] <FifteenthMember> Honestly, I still use desktop view on my phone
  411. [15:01] <ANX219> me too
  412. [15:01] <ANX219> i just gave up on mobile
  413. [15:01] <FifteenthMember> But I'm gonna do a browse and note down every problem I encounter to add to that forum
  414. [15:01] <ANX219> the signatures are super small even if you enlarge the text
  415. [15:01] <Neumannz> Needs more features
  416. [15:01] <Neumannz> Assuming they're possible
  417. [15:02] <ANX219> suggestions?
  418. [15:02] <FifteenthMember> Xion's inverted talk bubble totally confuses the mobile :P
  419. [15:02] <ANX219> i believe so
  420. [15:02] <FifteenthMember> http://www.khwiki.com/Forum:Mobile_Issues
  421. [15:02] <FifteenthMember> Add any suggestions here guys
  422. [15:02] <Neumannz> From a "diff" screen, should be able to go to the next diff
  423. [15:03] <FifteenthMember> ^
  424. [15:03] <Neumannz> Or to the edit screen
  425. [15:03] <FifteenthMember> Also, does anyone else think we need a full Table of Contents?
  426. [15:03] <Neumannz> Where
  427. [15:03] <FifteenthMember> Cos the collapsed sections don't show sub-sections and if you scroll down
  428. [15:04] <FifteenthMember> You need to scroll all the way back up
  429. [15:04] <FifteenthMember> NZ, any normal article
  430. [15:04] <ANX219> oh I think that the text came off the screen when I zoomed in and you couldn't scroll to the right to see
  431. [15:04] <ANX219> instead of shifting to the new avaliable line
  432. [15:04] <FifteenthMember> I think Wikia has a ToC that follows you as you browse
  433. [15:05] <FifteenthMember> It's just a little icon to the side that you tap on
  434. [15:05] <ANX219> how small is little?
  435. [15:05] <FifteenthMember> That way, you don't need to scroll back to the top all the time
  436. [15:05] <Neumannz> I want to see the kind of TOC Wikipedia has
  437. [15:05] <FifteenthMember> Small enough to not be annoying
  438. [15:05] <FifteenthMember> And I think it only becomes opaque when you tap the screen
  439. [15:06] <FifteenthMember> brb
  440. [15:06] <FifteenthMember> Keep discussing guys
  441. [15:06] <Neumannz> Wikipedia has an icon in its top bar, to the right of the search bar
  442. [15:07] <FifteenthMember> (Yes, Wikipedia is okay for me)
  443. [15:07] <Neumannz> OH
  444. [15:07] <Neumannz> RIGHT
  445. [15:07] <Neumannz> categories
  446. [15:07] <Neumannz> Can't see categories
  447. [15:07] <ANX219> wha?
  448. [15:07] <ANX219> oh
  449. [15:07] <Neumannz> Need to be able to view a page's categories
  450. [15:08] <Neumannz> Wikipedia has that problem too
  451. [15:11] <KeybladeSpyMaste> back
  452. [15:12] <KeybladeSpyMaste> As far as that icon, doesn't the wiki have it too?
  453. [15:14] <KeybladeSpyMaste> Anyways, the problems can be listed on the Mobile Issues forum. Should we move on?
  454. [15:15] <FifteenthMember> Back
  455. [15:15] <FifteenthMember> NZ, wait a minute
  456. [15:15] <FifteenthMember> Where's Wikipedia's ToC?
  457. [15:15] <Neumannz> The only icon that is there shows the left toolbar
  458. [15:15] <Neumannz> On Wikipedia
  459. [15:16] <Neumannz> On the top toolbar
  460. [15:16] <FifteenthMember> That isn't a real ToC...
  461. [15:16] <Neumannz> There's the W icon that opens the left toolbar
  462. [15:16] <Neumannz> Then there's the search bar
  463. [15:16] <FifteenthMember> Hmm, never mind
  464. [15:17] <Neumannz> Then there's an icon with 3 horizontal lines
  465. [15:17] <Neumannz> That's the one
  466. [15:17] <FifteenthMember> I see that icon
  467. [15:17] <FifteenthMember> But that icon is more like a sidebar
  468. [15:17] <FifteenthMember> It has "Home", "Random" and all the rest
  469. [15:17] <Neumannz> Then the three dots which is for the right toolbar
  470. [15:17] <Neumannz> Wrong, FM
  471. [15:18] <Neumannz> That's the W
  472. [15:18] <FifteenthMember> I'll PM you about it
  473. [15:18] <FifteenthMember> The rest might as well continue
  474. [15:18] <KeybladeSpyMaste> NZ is that not the Wikipedia app?
  475. [15:19] <Neumannz> Fine
  476. [15:19] <FifteenthMember> I use Wikipedia on browser
  477. [15:19] <FifteenthMember> Not the app
  478. [15:20] <KeybladeSpyMaste> yeah, I just saw screenshots of the Wikipedia iOS app. It matches NZ's description.
  479. [15:20] <KeybladeSpyMaste> The mobile web page doesn't.
  480. [15:20] <FifteenthMember> That explains it then
  481. [15:20] <FifteenthMember> http://i.imgur.com/towF9KJ.png
  482. [15:20] <KeybladeSpyMaste> https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/wikipedia-mobile/id324715238?mt=8
  483. [15:20] <FifteenthMember> That's hte mobile web page
  484. [15:21] <FifteenthMember> So yeah, that ToC is okay
  485. [15:21] <FifteenthMember> Err, we have a new affiliation!
  486. [15:21] <FifteenthMember> Request anyway
  487. [15:21] <KeybladeSpyMaste> Yep. 5-Affiliation Request. The guy didn't answer or anything, so he's not here.
  488. [15:21] <FifteenthMember> Okay
  489. [15:21] <KeybladeSpyMaste> (obviously)
  490. [15:21] <FifteenthMember> I'm okay with affiliation with him
  491. [15:22] <ANX219> link
  492. [15:22] <FifteenthMember> <small> The cat's stepping on the laptop x_x </small>
  493. [15:22] <FifteenthMember> Aaand he nearly tripped off the bedd :<
  494. [15:22] <KeybladeSpyMaste> http://www.khwiki.com/KHWiki:Affiliates/Requests#Enixorigin.com
  495. [15:22] <FifteenthMember> But, getting back on topic
  496. [15:23] <KeybladeSpyMaste> Sorry, I thought that was the link to the page. Here it is --> http://www.enixorigin.com/
  497. [15:23] <FifteenthMember> http://www.enixorigin.com/
  498. [15:23] <FifteenthMember> Looks okay to me
  499. [15:23] <KeybladeSpyMaste> It does
  500. [15:24] <FifteenthMember> So move on?
  501. [15:24] <KeybladeSpyMaste> All in favor?
  502. [15:24] <KeybladeSpyMaste> Aye
  503. [15:24] <FifteenthMember> Yeah
  504. [15:24] <FifteenthMember> So the projects
  505. [15:24] <Neumannz> Cool
  506. [15:24] <FifteenthMember> We should define what projects we want in Merlin's House. Do we want to add all of the wiki's old projects from here separately? What other projects do we want to create as wiki-official? And which ones do we want to leave as unofficial user projects for the Vacant House?
  507. [15:24] <ANX219> thanks
  508. [15:25] <FifteenthMember> I don't really understand the problem here
  509. [15:25] <KeybladeSpyMaste> So here goes
  510. [15:25] <KeybladeSpyMaste> I screwed the two pages up.
  511. [15:26] <FifteenthMember> How?
  512. [15:26] <KeybladeSpyMaste> I began adding official projects to the Vacant House, since all the projects as a whole were covered as "MegaProject: Arise" in Merlin's House
  513. [15:26] <FifteenthMember> When people have their own individual request, they went to the Vacant House
  514. [15:27] <FifteenthMember> Oh
  515. [15:27] <ANX219> what defines an individual projects to go in the vacant house?
  516. [15:27] <FifteenthMember> Project: Music and Project: Cards can go to the official ones then
  517. [15:27] <KeybladeSpyMaste> Here, i've got some notes I jotted down last night.
  518. [15:28] <Neumannz> Key items counts I think
  519. [15:28] <FifteenthMember> ANX, if someone has their own personal request that they want done, they go to the Vacant House
  520. [15:28] <KeybladeSpyMaste> "...we should create/finalize/organize existing and new wiki projects and promote them to new users. One part of this issue is that I don't know if we should split MegaProject: Arise into its individual projects (Traverse Town, Main Page, Magazine/Podcast, and split Updating our Projects into Project: Music, Project: Image Renovation, etc.). "
  521. [15:28] <FifteenthMember> For example, I came up with the Key Items project on my own and I wanted help with it so I went to the Vacant House
  522. [15:28] <FifteenthMember> That is how it works, yes?
  523. [15:28] <Neumannz> I believe so
  524. [15:28] <Neumannz> Yes
  525. [15:29] <FifteenthMember> KSM: "Updating our Projects" and "MegaProject: Arise" are pretty much umbrella terms for many smaller projects
  526. [15:29] <FifteenthMember> As long as all the projects are linked to and are mentioned in either the description of its umbrella term, or has its own full row in the table, I'm okay with it
  527. [15:31] <FifteenthMember> So, what's the verdict?
  528. [15:31] <FifteenthMember> My opinion: Updating our Projects should be removed and replaced with a row for each of its smaller projects
  529. [15:31] <Neumannz> I agree
  530. [15:32] <ANX219> a row?
  531. [15:32] <KeybladeSpyMaste> Yeah
  532. [15:32] <FifteenthMember> A row of the table
  533. [15:32] <ANX219> in merlin's house, okay
  534. [15:32] <FifteenthMember> Okay. Next:
  535. [15:32] <FifteenthMember> http://kingdomhearts.wikia.com/wiki/Forum:July_2014_Tea_Party#KHWiki_Affiliation
  536. [15:32] <FifteenthMember> The banner here
  537. [15:34] <ANX219> normal?
  538. [15:34] <Neumannz> Uh, what banner?
  539. [15:34] <Neumannz> I'm not seeing a banner
  540. [15:34] <ANX219> <s>
  541. [15:35] <FifteenthMember> "Should we make a bigger banner for our affiliates page, or will they just get a simple card like everyone else? "
  542. [15:35] <FifteenthMember> The banner idea :P
  543. [15:35] <FifteenthMember> http://i.imgur.com/LkH7b0L.png
  544. [15:35] <FifteenthMember> I think it would be cool if our affiliates page looked something like this
  545. [15:35] <Neumannz> Sure, banner, why not
  546. [15:35] <ANX219> I love that FM XD
  547. [15:36] <FifteenthMember> Every normal affiliate gets a card but the Keyhole gets a bigger space (the banner)
  548. [15:36] <KeybladeSpyMaste> sorry, I left for a bit
  549. [15:36] <KeybladeSpyMaste> I like the banner idea.
  550. [15:36] <FifteenthMember> So all approved on that.
  551. [15:36] <FifteenthMember> Next?
  552. [15:36] <KeybladeSpyMaste> I'd like to go back a bit to the projects
  553. [15:37] <FifteenthMember> Yeah?
  554. [15:37] <KeybladeSpyMaste> I was wondering if there were any other projects we'd like to create. The idea being that we'd promote them to new users immediately or something of the like.
  555. [15:37] <FifteenthMember> If there's another project you wanna make, make it :P
  556. [15:37] <ANX219> I have a new project
  557. [15:37] <ANX219> in my sandbox
  558. [15:37] <KeybladeSpyMaste> Yeah, I noticed that one.
  559. [15:37] <FifteenthMember> That's what the Vacant House is for, isn't it?
  560. [15:38] <ANX219> but xion said it was "her best two coins" to wait on it until IR is finished/constant
  561. [15:38] <KeybladeSpyMaste> I guess that's true.
  562. [15:38] <ANX219> I was looking over those pages
  563. [15:38] <KeybladeSpyMaste> Ok.
  564. [15:38] <FifteenthMember> The most harm that could happen in adding a project is no one pays attention to it so it stagnates
  565. [15:39] <ANX219> yeah
  566. [15:39] <FifteenthMember> ANX, you mean project:dream?
  567. [15:39] <ANX219> yes
  568. [15:39] <FifteenthMember> Yeah, we're really behind in DDD gameplay stuff
  569. [15:39] <KeybladeSpyMaste> Ok, then we'll just present them on the Vacant House, and if for some reason we want to make them wiki-official, than we can. I guess that works.
  570. [15:39] <ANX219> someone/some people have been looking at recent changes :P
  571. [15:40] <FifteenthMember> I was gonna start work on it after Re:coded but then I lost the game :(
  572. [15:40] <FifteenthMember> So, if we're finished here. Shall we continue?
  573. [15:40] <KeybladeSpyMaste> Sure
  574. [15:40] <KeybladeSpyMaste> Transcripts.
  575. [15:41] <KeybladeSpyMaste> How to incorporate transcripts into the mainspace
  576. [15:41] <KeybladeSpyMaste> .Namely http://www.khwiki.com/index.php?title=Forum:Notes_27,_(KHII,_Gummi_Tutorial_Logs)_-_Xion4ever&t=20140513030425 and
  577. [15:41] <KeybladeSpyMaste> http://www.khwiki.com/index.php?title=Forum:Notes_28_(KHC,_Hercules_Memo_Logs)_-_TheFifteenthMember&t=20140523210244
  578. [15:41] <FifteenthMember> This stemmed off me doing this
  579. [15:41] <FifteenthMember> http://www.khwiki.com/Labyrinth#See_Also
  580. [15:42] <FifteenthMember> I'm not sure if linking to that transcript there is actually allowed
  581. [15:42] <ANX219> wasn's coded in japanese? translations?
  582. [15:42] <FifteenthMember> Re:coded was made in english
  583. [15:42] <FifteenthMember> If you mean, the hercules memo translations
  584. [15:42] <KeybladeSpyMaste> Chain says they should be dealt with on a case-by-case basis.
  585. [15:42] <FifteenthMember> I don't exactly know how we got those
  586. [15:42] <ANX219> yes herc ones
  587. [15:43] <ANX219> You created it XD
  588. [15:43] <KeybladeSpyMaste> He says some belong on the mainspace while others belong in lists.
  589. [15:43] <FifteenthMember> http://www.khwiki.com/index.php?title=Hercules_Memo&oldid=418046
  590. [15:43] <FifteenthMember> It was here
  591. [15:43] <FifteenthMember> I have no clue where they originated from
  592. [15:44] <ANX219> Cococrash or whatever
  593. [15:44] <ANX219> I would assume they are fan-translated
  594. [15:44] <FifteenthMember> That's actually a good point
  595. [15:44] <Neumannz> Coded is a HUGE can of worms
  596. [15:45] <ANX219> http://www.gamefaqs.com/mobile/943348-kingdom-hearts-coded/faqs/57054 got it
  597. [15:45] <ANX219> gamefaq is fan
  598. [15:45] <Neumannz> I think I'll be putting that in the vacant house
  599. [15:45] <KeybladeSpyMaste> So, from my notes: "I had suggested on the IRC a Transcript: space. So for the appropriate article, we'd dump transcripts such as the ones listed. In the examples, we'd dump the Transcripts for the Gummi Ship Missions in Transcript: Gummi Missions or something like that. And the other example, the Hercules Memos, could go in Transcript: Olympus Coliseum. Something of the like."
  600. [15:45] <ANX219> "This FAQ will use terminology from the Japanese version, and from English translations of other games in the series."
  601. [15:45] <Neumannz> There is one YouTube playthrough coded
  602. [15:46] <Neumannz> Why not just have a subpage?
  603. [15:46] <ANX219> KSM sounds right
  604. [15:46] <FifteenthMember> I thought we should hav subpages
  605. [15:46] <FifteenthMember> *have
  606. [15:46] <Neumannz> Does it really need a new namespace
  607. [15:46] <FifteenthMember> Like "Gummi Missions/Tips Transcripts"
  608. [15:46] <FifteenthMember> A new namespace sounds overkill
  609. [15:46] <KeybladeSpyMaste> The problem I see with that is that they're kinda hidden/hard to find
  610. [15:46] <+Cheisa|Crystal> why not just do "List of Gummi Missions Tips"
  611. [15:46] <+Cheisa|Crystal> or whatever the name is
  612. [15:46] <FifteenthMember> Good idea
  613. [15:47] <FifteenthMember> And then link in See Also
  614. [15:47] <KeybladeSpyMaste> I guess
  615. [15:47] <Neumannz> What do you mean by hidden
  616. [15:47] <ANX219> yeah
  617. [15:47] <KeybladeSpyMaste> subpages don't tend to have links to them unless they're user-subpages
  618. [15:47] <Neumannz> You could link a subpage in See Also, too
  619. [15:47] <KeybladeSpyMaste> Would we do that for all the tutorials we've gathered, too?
  620. [15:48] <FifteenthMember> http://www.khwiki.com/Forum:Tutorial_articles%3F
  621. [15:48] <Neumannz> If we have an appropriate place to put them
  622. [15:48] <FifteenthMember> What we've proposed here is we make articles on tutorials
  623. [15:49] <FifteenthMember> Like how we have articles on Reports, we have articles on the Tutorial sections of the menu
  624. [15:49] <Neumannz> Hmm
  625. [15:50] <Neumannz> Maybe
  626. [15:50] <KeybladeSpyMaste> That's really the basis behind my suggestion of a namespace, the fact that we're really just putting all the text from things like tutorials and such.
  627. [15:50] <FifteenthMember> The tutorials are self-contained in their own pages though
  628. [15:50] <KeybladeSpyMaste> With that, we could just dump such transcripts in there and be done.
  629. [15:51] <FifteenthMember> That wouldn't really fix the problem
  630. [15:51] <FifteenthMember> It'd be something like "Transcript: Birth by Sleep"?
  631. [15:51] <FifteenthMember> And then go in the BBS suite?
  632. [15:51] <Neumannz> That sounds like you want a transcript of the entire game
  633. [15:52] <FifteenthMember> Cos having "Tutorials (KHREC)", "Tutorials (BBS)" are easier to do
  634. [15:52] <KeybladeSpyMaste> Yeah, and then dump any transcripts we get from the game, such as the tutorials or somthing... at least that was the thought.
  635. [15:52] <ANX219> What is a suite anyway?
  636. [15:52] <KeybladeSpyMaste> At the same time, aren't the tutorials covered (at least theoretically) in the Walkthroughs?
  637. [15:52] <KeybladeSpyMaste> @ANX Template:Suite is what puts the tabs at the top of articles
  638. [15:52] <FifteenthMember> Because then they won't just be about transcripts, it'd be about the actual section of the pause menu.
  639. [15:52] <ANX219> Ohh
  640. [15:52] <ANX219> thanks
  641. [15:52] <KeybladeSpyMaste> Like Sora's adds the tabs at the top that link to Form:Sora, Gallery:Sora, etc.
  642. [15:53] <Neumannz> Actually, I wouldn't mind putting the transcripts into the walkthrough space
  643. [15:53] <FifteenthMember> The walkthrough space kinda died
  644. [15:53] <FifteenthMember> How would you implement it?
  645. [15:54] <FifteenthMember> We've had many ideas for the walkthrough space that never took off:
  646. [15:54] <FifteenthMember> 1) Linking it to the Let's Plays
  647. [15:54] <FifteenthMember> 2) Linking it to the map images
  648. [15:54] <Neumannz> Walkthrough: Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep/Tutorials
  649. [15:54] <FifteenthMember> Oh
  650. [15:54] <FifteenthMember> That seems okay
  651. [15:54] <KeybladeSpyMaste> That works
  652. [15:55] <Neumannz> Cool
  653. [15:55] <KeybladeSpyMaste> So then, they all go in subpages that are linked either in their original articles or as a part of the Walkthrough?
  654. [15:55] <FifteenthMember> I still think we need a general "Tutorials" page in the mainspace that is in a similar format to the "Reports" page
  655. [15:55] <Neumannz> Sure
  656. [15:55] <FifteenthMember> Part of the walkthrough
  657. [15:56] <Neumannz> Ehhh...
  658. [15:56] <FifteenthMember> http://www.khwiki.com/Walkthrough:Kingdom_Hearts
  659. [15:56] <FifteenthMember> Wouldn't it be somewhere here?
  660. [15:56] <FifteenthMember> They wouldn't be linked in the suites
  661. [15:56] <FifteenthMember> Although the "Tutorials" article, perhaps will need a link to the walkthroughs somewhere
  662. [15:57] <FifteenthMember> Walkthrough:Tutorials probably, like we do for the worlds
  663. [15:57] <KeybladeSpyMaste> Well, I meant as "See also" links, like in the case of the Hero's Memo
  664. [15:57] <FifteenthMember> I removed the Hero's Memo link a few minutes ago
  665. [15:57] <FifteenthMember> Sure, they can be linked in the See Also links whenever it's appropriate
  666. [15:57] <KeybladeSpyMaste> So then just in the Walkthroughs.
  667. [15:59] <FifteenthMember> We really should've used the short game names for the walkthrough pages...
  668. [15:59] <FifteenthMember> Kingdom Hearts Re:coded < Re:coded
  669. [16:00] <FifteenthMember> So we've sorted all that
  670. [16:00] <FifteenthMember> About the Quotes: space
  671. [16:01] <FifteenthMember> Do we have guidelines concerning which quotes we actually put up and which we don't?
  672. [16:01] <KeybladeSpyMaste> Chain: "I know this argument may seem very one-sided, but there was ALOT of work put into those pages that I'd hate to see go to waste. There are some scripts that seem more arbitrary than quotes in my opinion."
  673. [16:01] <FifteenthMember> I was never suggesting to remove the entire space
  674. [16:02] <FifteenthMember> I just wanted to regulate it
  675. [16:02] <KeybladeSpyMaste> I'm not sure there is a policy or anything. Maybe just because no one cares to go through the game to get all the lines, so the ones that do go up are pretty significant anyways.
  676. [16:03] <KeybladeSpyMaste> I don't know
  677. [16:03] <FifteenthMember> http://www.khwiki.com/Walkthrough:Kingdom_Hearts_Re:coded/Destiny_Islands
  678. [16:03] * FifteenthMember admires his work
  679. [16:03] <FifteenthMember> *shot*
  680. [16:03] <FifteenthMember> I guess we just don't make any changes then?
  681. [16:03] <FifteenthMember> People seem to be tending to it well enough
  682. [16:03] <KeybladeSpyMaste> It was really well done, FM
  683. [16:04] <KeybladeSpyMaste> Both the quotes and your walkthrough
  684. [16:04] <Neumannz> There has been very little oversight of the quotes
  685. [16:04] <FifteenthMember> Except my walkthrough is dull in terms of language, incomplete and probably riddled with errors :P
  686. [16:05] <FifteenthMember> http://www.khwiki.com/Walkthrough:Kingdom_Hearts_Re:coded/Trophies
  687. [16:05] <FifteenthMember> Oh. I forgot to finish this
  688. [16:05] <FifteenthMember> You know something's up when the author writes as instructuions "Follow the walkthrough"...
  689. [16:06] <KeybladeSpyMaste> So, Quotes: are okay?
  690. [16:06] <Neumannz> Hm.
  691. [16:06] <FifteenthMember> I guess...
  692. [16:07] <+Cheisa|Crystal> k, I'm back from eating dinner or so, what are on
  693. [16:08] <+Cheisa|Crystal> someone about quotes?
  694. [16:08] <FifteenthMember> Yeah
  695. [16:08] <FifteenthMember> Any rules you wanna add to regulate the quotes: space
  696. [16:10] <+Cheisa|Crystal> we should limit quotes or something, theres no reason to add everything everyone said
  697. [16:10] <FifteenthMember> That's the thing
  698. [16:10] <FifteenthMember> How much do you limit?
  699. [16:11] <KeybladeSpyMaste> I think any significant quote is good. Like, Goofy saying "Look" doesn't belong.
  700. [16:11] <+Cheisa|Crystal> main character should have a larger quota than minor character
  701. [16:11] <Neumannz> This needs in depth discussion, i feel
  702. [16:11] <KeybladeSpyMaste> But Goofy saying "Watch out!" in Kingdom Hearts II is.
  703. [16:11] <Neumannz> Forum, maybe
  704. [16:11] * KeybladeSpyMaste sees if anyone knows where Goofy said that.
  705. [16:13] <KeybladeSpyMaste> I think it really comes down to the individual quotes, not the significance of who said them.
  706. [16:13] <FifteenthMember> Do minor characters deserve quotes pages at all
  707. [16:13] <+Cheisa|Crystal> some do
  708. [16:13] <+Cheisa|Crystal> but not that much
  709. [16:13] <FifteenthMember> http://www.khwiki.com/Quotes:Sora%27s_Heartless
  710. [16:14] <+Cheisa|Crystal> also, what the hell are 1.5 quotes? http://www.khwiki.com/Quotes:Xigbar#Kingdom_Hearts_HD_1.5_ReMIX_cutscenes
  711. [16:14] <Neumannz> Not good enough
  712. [16:14] <FifteenthMember> Pretty sure he doesn't even have a VA in Re:coded
  713. [16:14] <KeybladeSpyMaste> 1.5 Quotes are from Kingdom Hearst 358/2 Days
  714. [16:14] <Neumannz> Minor character should get a quotes subsection
  715. [16:14] <+Cheisa|Crystal> oh
  716. [16:14] <KeybladeSpyMaste> Apparently, they're different from the original release
  717. [16:14] <FifteenthMember> That should be made much cleare
  718. [16:14] <FifteenthMember> *clearer
  719. [16:15] <Neumannz> Guys, I say throw this to a forum
  720. [16:15] <KeybladeSpyMaste> I think we gave all charcters quote sections because it looks cleaner. At least that's what I think
  721. [16:15] <FifteenthMember> http://www.khwiki.com/index.php?title=Quotes:Xigbar&curid=34570&diff=631477&oldid=630221
  722. [16:15] <FifteenthMember> That should do it
  723. [16:15] <KeybladeSpyMaste> Compared to the quotes on the actual page.
  724. [16:15] <FifteenthMember> NZ, sure
  725. [16:16] <FifteenthMember> Having a Quotes: page or Quotes section is the same decision as whether we have an Appearance section or Form: page
  726. [16:17] <FifteenthMember> But if someone appears in mulitple games, a separate page is cleaner. Even if he only said one line in each
  727. [16:17] <FifteenthMember> But anyway
  728. [16:17] <FifteenthMember> Yes. Forum page it is then
  729. [16:17] <KeybladeSpyMaste> Forum, sure
  730. [16:17] <KeybladeSpyMaste> Next
  731. [16:17] <FifteenthMember> We should be making about three forums at the end of this roundtable!
  732. [16:17] <FifteenthMember> Unused images
  733. [16:18] <FifteenthMember> So most feedback should just go http://www.khwiki.com/Forum:Unused_Files
  734. [16:18] <FifteenthMember> I just want to ask what we can do with the map images
  735. [16:18] <Neumannz> A lot of unused sound files
  736. [16:18] <FifteenthMember> Because do you think we can incorporate them in the Settings and Areas sections somehow?
  737. [16:19] <FifteenthMember> I don't see why we can't dump the sound files on the "List of Kingdom Hearts tracks" page
  738. [16:19] <KeybladeSpyMaste> The sound files will be takne care of when I finish Project: Music
  739. [16:19] <FifteenthMember> Okay.
  740. [16:19] <KeybladeSpyMaste> *taken
  741. [16:20] <Neumannz> We could the maps into galleries under settings and areas
  742. [16:20] <FifteenthMember> Why is some settings and areas expanded like in Traverse Town or Castle That Never Was
  743. [16:20] <FifteenthMember> ( http://www.khwiki.com/Traverse_Town and http://www.khwiki.com/Castle_That_Never_Was )
  744. [16:20] <KeybladeSpyMaste> Chain: "Do we have a use for the map images? I'm sure we could put them somewhere in the game: mainspace. As for the other images, we could make this into an official project"
  745. [16:21] <+Cheisa|Crystal> we need to go through that category and see what need vs what we dont need for pages
  746. [16:21] <KeybladeSpyMaste> Almost forgot that.
  747. [16:21] <FifteenthMember> While others are concise like http://www.khwiki.com/Wonderland
  748. [16:21] <FifteenthMember> Thats what Xion tried to do with that forum of hers
  749. [16:21] <FifteenthMember> http://www.khwiki.com/Forum:Unused_Files
  750. [16:21] <FifteenthMember> This one
  751. [16:22] <FifteenthMember> Which reminds me: I need to actually respond to that x_x
  752. [16:22] <+Cheisa|Crystal> also, when going through the unused files, some of them look like they're supposed to in articles, but never were added
  753. [16:22] <FifteenthMember> Red + blue is an eyesore, unfortunately
  754. [16:22] <FifteenthMember> If so, we should just add them in
  755. [16:22] * Silversey is now known as Crono|Away
  756. [16:23] <Neumannz> Regarding settings and areas
  757. [16:23] <Neumannz> Wonderland has a much simpler layout than TT or TWTNW
  758. [16:23] <FifteenthMember> So that's how we decide
  759. [16:23] <FifteenthMember> Simply the complexity of the layout
  760. [16:24] <Neumannz> Basically
  761. [16:24] <FifteenthMember> Castle That Never Was is kinda a mess though
  762. [16:24] <Neumannz> Sections and subsections
  763. [16:24] <FifteenthMember> It doesn't have a story section and the treasures aren't under a Game: page
  764. [16:24] <Neumannz> Of worlds
  765. [16:24] <FifteenthMember> http://www.khwiki.com/File:Coconut_KH.png Whee, we have these
  766. [16:25] <Neumannz> So some worlds game pages aren't done yet
  767. [16:25] <FifteenthMember> Yeah
  768. [16:26] <FifteenthMember> We should work on the other namespaces outside of the mainspace
  769. [16:26] <Neumannz> Needs to go on the to do list
  770. [16:27] <KeybladeSpyMaste> So we good?
  771. [16:27] <FifteenthMember> http://www.khwiki.com/File:Icon_Shield_KH.png Hey, I was looking for this
  772. [16:27] <FifteenthMember> Yeah
  773. [16:27] <FifteenthMember> Continue
  774. [16:27] <KeybladeSpyMaste> An article relating to Kingdom Shader. Yes or no?
  775. [16:28] <FifteenthMember> Looking through these unused files is like looking through a box of old pictures and momentums :P
  776. [16:28] <FifteenthMember> I say no
  777. [16:28] <FifteenthMember> I don't understand the point of it
  778. [16:28] <+Cheisa|Crystal> its the game engine
  779. [16:28] <KeybladeSpyMaste> Chain: "If we have an article for this, should we have an article for other games engines? Also, should there be pages for Consoles (PS2, GBA, DS, PSP, 3DS, PS3, Xboxone, cell phones don't/shouldn't count.)"
  780. [16:28] <FifteenthMember> It'd only be a few sentences saying it appears in KH3 and uses different lighting for each world
  781. [16:28] * ANX219 (62171a71@gateway/web/freenode/ip.98.23.26.113) Quit (Ping timeout: 246 seconds)
  782. [16:28] <FifteenthMember> I also think we shouldn't have pages for consoles
  783. [16:29] <FifteenthMember> Can't the game engine be merged with its game page?
  784. [16:29] <KeybladeSpyMaste> I feel that the information belongs on the Development section.
  785. [16:30] <Neumannz> Yes
  786. [16:30] <Neumannz> correct
  787. [16:30] <Neumannz> Development
  788. [16:31] <Neumannz> Let's move on, I am almost out of time
  789. [16:31] <KeybladeSpyMaste> Last one
  790. [16:31] <FifteenthMember> Just to clarify if all emotions/sprites are needed for CoM talk sprites because I can get them all--but don't seem to be of high demand.
  791. [16:31] <FifteenthMember> ^Last agenda point
  792. [16:32] <KeybladeSpyMaste> Do we, then?
  793. [16:32] <Neumannz> Well, why not
  794. [16:33] <KeybladeSpyMaste> Anyone in opposition to getting all the sprites for KHCOM?
  795. [16:33] <Neumannz> I guess not
  796. [16:34] <FifteenthMember> No
  797. [16:34] <KeybladeSpyMaste> I think tied to that is this --> http://www.khwiki.com/Forum:Return_of_the_CoM_Card_Sprites
  798. [16:35] <FifteenthMember> brb
  799. [16:35] <Neumannz> So is there a problem?
  800. [16:35] <KeybladeSpyMaste> I don't think there's a problem with uploading the Card sprites either.
  801. [16:36] <KeybladeSpyMaste> Or whateve ENX was refering to (I'm still not exactly sure...)
  802. [16:36] <+Cheisa|Crystal> dont we already have the CoM Card sprites?
  803. [16:36] <+Cheisa|Crystal> oh wait, we have RE:CoM sprites
  804. [16:37] <KeybladeSpyMaste> Yeah
  805. [16:37] <KeybladeSpyMaste> So then we accept them all.
  806. [16:37] <KeybladeSpyMaste> Ok.
  807. [16:37] * ANX219 (62171a71@gateway/web/freenode/ip.98.23.26.113) has joined #KHWiki-noticeboard
  808. [16:37] <Neumannz> So, we good on this?
  809. [16:37] <KeybladeSpyMaste> Yep
  810. [16:37] <KeybladeSpyMaste> Luxerion
  811. [16:37] <ANX219> sorry i dc'd
  812. [16:37] <KeybladeSpyMaste> It's fine. We just finished
  813. [16:37] <ANX219> my eyes decided to give
  814. [16:37] <+Cheisa|Crystal> I mean, we should have them for achieve purposes
  815. [16:38] <KeybladeSpyMaste> Yep
  816. [16:38] <ANX219> did we get the COM images thing?
  817. [16:38] <KeybladeSpyMaste> Erry said to ping him when we were done.
  818. [16:38] <KeybladeSpyMaste> Yeah.
  819. [16:38] <ANX219> the one thing i came for @_@
  820. [16:38] <KeybladeSpyMaste> We're fine with uploading them all.
  821. [16:38] <ANX219> i just wanna know if it's gonna be hard work not used
  822. [16:39] <+Cheisa|Crystal> I also have 1 thing I need to bring up real quick
  823. [16:39] <KeybladeSpyMaste> Well, I'd imagine they'd go in their respective galleries, though.
  824. [16:39] <Neumannz> Can go into galleries
  825. [16:39] <KeybladeSpyMaste> Yes?
  826. [16:39] <+Cheisa|Crystal> http://www.khwiki.com/Trident_Anchor_B
  827. [16:39] <+Cheisa|Crystal> http://www.khwiki.com/Trident_Anchor_G
  828. [16:39] <+Luxerion> you're done?
  829. [16:39] <+Cheisa|Crystal> http://www.khwiki.com/Trident_Anchor_R
  830. [16:39] <+Cheisa|Crystal> these thing
  831. [16:39] <KeybladeSpyMaste> UC just inserted a hidden agenda item :)
  832. [16:39] <+Cheisa|Crystal> are they each consider different enemy
  833. [16:39] <Neumannz> I'm done
  834. [16:39] <KeybladeSpyMaste> I think so.
  835. [16:39] <+Cheisa|Crystal> or are they just 1 enemy with different variation?
  836. [16:40] <KeybladeSpyMaste> They have separate names
  837. [16:40] <KeybladeSpyMaste> I'm checking Shard's notes to see if there's anything else
  838. [16:41] <+Cheisa|Crystal> alrighty then, cus I was wondering if they were like the Glidewinder; different form, but same thing or not
  839. [16:41] <KeybladeSpyMaste> In game, each one has a weakness to a different Keyblade. They also have different names (being the addition of R, G, and B)
  840. [16:41] <ANX219> I'll save it for later
  841. [16:41] <ANX219> there's like 100+
  842. [16:41] <KeybladeSpyMaste> However, that difference carries over in English, Japanese, and the Romanji versions of the Heartless.
  843. [16:42] <Neumannz> The different stats indicate different heartless
  844. [16:42] <KeybladeSpyMaste> I think we're done, now
  845. [16:42] <ANX219> I wish I could play KHX and add info
  846. [16:42] <Neumannz> Ok, imma go
  847. [16:42] <+Cheisa|Crystal> alright, I have no more thing to bring up
  848. [16:42] <KeybladeSpyMaste> Luxerion, you wanted to say something
  849. [16:43] <Neumannz> Ok
  850. [16:43] <Neumannz> Peace out, all
  851. [16:43] <KeybladeSpyMaste> See ya
  852. [16:44] <ANX219> bai
  853. [16:44] * Neumannz (~egrahc@pool-173-73-31-210.washdc.fios.verizon.net) Quit (Quit: AndroIRC - Android IRC Client ( http://www.androirc.com ))
  854. [16:44] <+Luxerion> yeah
  855. [16:44] <+Luxerion> i'm announcing my temporary retirement
  856. [16:45] <KeybladeSpyMaste> What?!?!
  857. [16:45] <+Luxerion> i'll clarify something
  858. [16:45] <KeybladeSpyMaste> Sure.
  859. [16:45] <+Luxerion> i'll be on the irc all the time, but because i don't do any edits or little to no edits
  860. [16:45] <ANX219> no way
  861. [16:46] <+Luxerion> i'd rather open the position to someone else
  862. [16:46] <FifteenthMember> Is that because of your course?
  863. [16:46] <FifteenthMember> Are you coming back to England?
  864. [16:48] <FifteenthMember> KSM, are you alright with the logs and summaries?
  865. [16:48] <KeybladeSpyMaste> Yeah, I'm fine.
  866. [16:48] <KeybladeSpyMaste> I've got it all down
  867. [16:48] <KeybladeSpyMaste> Ok, so we're done then. On a sad note.
  868. [16:49] <FifteenthMember> (Guys, I'm back)
  869. [16:49] <+Luxerion> my university course, yeah
  870. [16:49] <FifteenthMember> Will you still do the End of Year Event?
  871. [16:56] <+Luxerion> sorry, was doing levi ex. <_<
  872. [16:57] <+Luxerion> but yeah, by doing it, do you mean participate in the event or help create it/
  873. [16:57] <+Luxerion> ?*
  874. [16:57] <FifteenthMember> Err, both I guess?
  875. [17:00] <FifteenthMember> Luxerion, if you can't host, I'm sure one of us will be able to work it out. Will you be able to participate at least though?
  876. [17:02] <+Luxerion> but yeah. i'm just dropping my position as admin because i'm not doing anything at all on the wiki that is actually counted as 'work'.
  877. [17:02] <FifteenthMember> Doesn't activity on the IRC still count?
  878. [17:03] <FifteenthMember> It means you're still actually here
  879. [17:03] <KeybladeSpyMaste> And you do help when we ask you something specifically. Last month, you helped me with the CSS for the new Main Page.
  880. [17:03] <FifteenthMember> If it's only temporarily, there's no reason for your rights to be removed completely according to our staff policy
  881. [17:05] <FifteenthMember> I kinda think we will need a permanant mod soon though
  882. [17:05] <FifteenthMember> Cos we only have a handful of staff left
  883. [17:05] <+Cheisa|Crystal> we meta now
  884. [17:06] <+Luxerion> i can host and/or participate
  885. [17:06] <+Luxerion> but i just don't want the positon when i don't do anything.
  886. [17:06] <FifteenthMember> EK, if that's what you want then sure
  887. [17:07] <FifteenthMember> You should probably notify the rest of the staff first
  888. [17:07] <FifteenthMember> Anyways, as long as you're still around on the IRC, I'm fine :P
  889. [17:07] <+Luxerion> I'll mention it on the staff page
RAW Paste Data