- Volume 11 cover. It’s not often I use multiple main colors in the background.
- The treatment of past Shokuhou (I call her Mini-hou) and Kamijou is given later.
- Five Over Outsider (FOOS for short) with Mitsuari Ayu.
- It was described as a sphere with lots of “eyes”, so I figured, ‘yeah, that’s an Angel’.
- But it can freely change form in the novel, so I think this is just one of its many forms.
- Mitsuari is pretty much exactly the rejected Shokuhou design from the manga roughs here: http://r-s.sakura.ne.jp/w/ice.htm
- These rejected designs are normally locked away, but the actual story was apparently written by making that rejected design into a main character using the concept of an unfortunate girl who could not become Shokuhou.
- She has a bit of a yandere psycho side to her, so I made some changes to her expressions.
- FOOS with Mitsuari 2. My own concept for the FOOS is that the control unit is semi-randomly chosen from the gel colony and another “leader” can take over even if the previous one is destroyed. I also saw it as absorbing the matter in the air and dirt to alter its composition and therefore transform. Of course, none of this is apparent in the illustrations.
- FOOS 3. The Mitsuari 300 aka FOOS camouflage body meant drawing a realistic depiction of a girl weighing over 300 kg. But no one wants to see an illustration like that, so I did my best to instead draw it like a disturbing mascot costume.
- The primary features turned into Shokuhou’s as an elaborate bit of harassment on Mitsuari’s part.
- Mini-Hou Misaki. The legitimate point that a middle school girl can’t grow that much in a single year could simply be answered by saying it was a request from a certain someone, but to be honest, I thought the mini-sizing in Railgun wasn’t quite enough, so I just made her a lot smoother overall.
- And doesn’t she seem a lot like “someone else” if you change the color of her hair and eyes? (The resemblance was intentional.)
- Those of you who have read Volume 11 might understand what I mean.
- Five Over Mental Out (Queen Bee or FOMO for short).
- I am releasing these pages with consent from Kasai Shin (http://shintop.web.fc2.com/) who designed it.
- Originally, it was going to be partially shown on 1C6 (the sixth black-and-white illustration), but I was ordered to give that illustration a symmetrical composition between Shokuhou and Mitsuari, so there was no room left for the gadget. (I had also imagined a double-paged spread of FOOS vs. FOMO, Clash of the Two Giant Monsters.) I feel bad after having the design made and everything.
- Volume 11 cover rough. Never showing Kamijou’s face on this volume’s cover and illustrations was meant as preparation (build up) for the single double-page spread that does show his face.
Haimura Comments - NT11
js06 Oct 12th, 2014 1,287 Never
Not a member of Pastebin yet? Sign Up, it unlocks many cool features!
RAW Paste Data