- SERBIA/CROATIA/HUNGARY UPDATE FRIDAY 10:00 (Edit 12:30 for phone numbers)
- - Your help is still needed at Croatian/Serbian border at Bapska, near Šid. Number of volunteers there is not sufficient and more - they are running out of the supplies and money.
- - Five hundreds refugees standing close to barier. More buses coming. Since midnight 11 hundreds came.
- - TOP priority: quick food, water, cash money, basic cheapest raincoats for 1 euro piece, jackets, warm clothes, man boots, socks, tarpaulins 8x6 meters, headlamps with batteries, garbage bags 200 litres - many, energy drinks. No need to take tents, sleeping bags, blankets.
- - Two eternal powerbanks for mobile phones are needed on place, so if you have one, take with you.
- - We need 25 people for weekend, ans also skilled coordinators !!! starting Monday 28. 9. because some has to return home. Czech team runs the place and need your help.
- Raincoats and large tarpaulins (and ropes) are needed to build large shelters, as this is more effective than individual tents.
- - Approach the site via Šid on Serbian side, but be prepared that road traffic could be closed. When travelling from CZ/AT/HU, take route via Szeged and Subotica, not via Osijek
- - Road crossing Tovarnik/Šid could be open or closed anytime so dont rely on it.
- - Entrance of the camp in Opatovac is served by several aid organizations and volunteers and situation is calm there, despite the rain.
- - If you are willing to donate money, you can use my paypal firstname.lastname@example.org and I will move the funds immediatelly to the people on site.
- - Volunteers in Sid/Opatovac are desperate for donations. They have run out of funds and have thousands of refugees to feed.
- Bank account details for the supply chain:
- Sophie Morgenstern
- Iban DE68672901000058063800
- Bic genode61hd3
- - Volunteers should contact Sharon Silvey on 0049 176 723 18123
- - For supplies contact Dominik Weiberg - number to follow
- - Team Leader at Opatovec is Jonas 0049 179 9813704 please do not call him for volunteering or supplies.
- - Team leader for Sid is Jan Skalik on 00420 607 185 686.
- - There is also reported problems at Serbian border with humanitarian aid, it's reported that Serbian authorities does not allow anything so maybe latter info about Szeged will not be possible to follow. We are trying to confirm.
- - If you have more info, please confirm it at email@example.com
- - Border crossings Zakany - your help also needed, if you have raincoats, to help those who wait to be transported further to Hungary.
- - Your help could be used at these border points to deliver food and water to those who waits to be transported further. Detailed updates about situation in Austria in this FB group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/RefugeesNickelsdorfFlugdach/
- Other news:
- - There is still possibility to get supplies in Szeged at MigSzol warehouse at Gárdonyi utca 6, but at the moment food and other quick stuff is needed more in Sid, but if you are on the way via Hungary, you can go and pick up what will be needed. MigSzol unfortunately does not have any cars to drive the supplies down to Serbia/Croatia. Always contact coordinator before approaching Szeged: Daniel Szatmary +36307093317 firstname.lastname@example.org
- - Generally, Croatia is taking migrants to the border with Hungary, 8500 entered Croatia on Thursday. Hungarian fence will be ready in a few days...
- - When traveling to help, always take headlight, reflexion vest, good shoes, protective gloves and warm clothes and be prepared for rain. And be careful!
- - Sorry for not having regular update Thursday night, I was on national TV in a debate with finance minister to discuss refugee crisis. As usual, Czech government keep blaming everyone for the situation.
SERBIA/CROATIA/HUNGARY UPDATE FRIDAY 10:00
michalberg Sep 25th, 2015 (edited) 901 Never
Not a member of Pastebin yet? Sign Up, it unlocks many cool features!
RAW Paste Data