- Rogue-ASCII (Provisional name) | Twitter | https://twitter.com/DevTechArt
- Play Online: https://kronbits.itch.io/rogueascii
- Engine: Construct 3: https://www.construct.net/
- Theme: Survival Horror
- Resolution: 384x216
- One of tha main goals is to avoid using letters/numbers for objects/enemies. If enemies or NPCs to interact will use same face but the outline/dark one and similar.
- --- Actual Game Features ---
- > Pathfinding and Fog of War.
- > Select objects and interaction (Pick coins and cut trees)
- > Ambient sound and SFX
- > Basic menu (Only Map and Stats works)
- --- CRT Effects ---
- Hired a skilled C3 dev to port lottes CRT filter to the engine and released it:
- Original: https://github.com/libretro/glsl-shaders/blob/master/crt/shaders/crt-lottes.glsl
- C3 Version: https://www.construct.net/en/make-games/addons/802/lottes-crt
- I also added some other C3 shaders to the stack like Noise, RGBsplit or Radial blur to get that final look.
- --- ASCII charset ---
- Based on the 8x12 BigBlue Terminal. Source: https://int10h.org/blog/2015/12/bigblue-terminal-oldschool-fixed-width-font/ .
- I made the 12x12 version with some edits and different aligns in some cases to fit my needs. This one: https://i.imgur.com/pweOdey.png
- --- Some Roguelike references ---
- > ASCII Quest - https://dosgames.com/game/asciiquest/
- > Door in the woods - https://store.steampowered.com/app/1189230/Door_in_the_Woods/
- > Dwarf Fortress - http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/