- SERBIA/CROATIA/SLOVENIA 31/10/2015 Saturday 23:40 night
- General note: At this moment, all volunteers spots are sufficiently covered for this weekend. If you are able to wait until Monday, then many of volunteers will return, that would be the best option.
- Follow http://www.refugeemap.com for detailed info.
- I will be posting updates in the next few days together with Dalimil Petrilak (https://www.facebook.com/dalimil.petrilak), please let us know all the key information from the field.
- BERKASOVO/BAPSKA (Serbian side) - Serbia and Croatia have agreed on providing trains directly from Sid on the serbian side to Slavonski Brod in Croatia. Latest news say this could start early next week. If this happens, volunteers will be needed to move the material to Sid train station. At this moment number of volunteers here is sufficient (70+ at the moment). 4-5000 refugees cross the spot daily but higher numbers expected to arrive from Macedonia in the next days. Clothes for children, especially jackets and hats, socks and scarves for both children and adults needed. Problems with bringing material (especially larger amounts) through serbian border reported, please contact our coordinators on site. Contact number +381 649 366 029.
- OPATOVAC - Thousands came through during the day. 3000 refugees reported there in the afternoon, but they spend in the camp just few hours, transported to Tovarnik and by train from there. Supplies, especially shoes (size 39-45), socks and children & men jackets needes. No volunteers needed at this moment, sufficient staff.
- PRESEVO - On social media there were rumors that new rules for providing volunteer help have been established by police, including minimum duration of stay, but this is not true (only applies for the help inside the camp). You can still come and help, please don't forget register yourself at the police as Serbian law requires for any foreigners staying in the country. Situation stable and under control at the moment, but more refugees expected to come from Macedonia. Also the nights are very cold, temeperature drops to zero. Boots, socks, raincoats, jackets, blankets will be needed soon. Financial help needed to arrange the food for refugees (700 euros spent daily). If the weather changes, volunteers will be needed to manage 24/7 service (shorter shifts in the cold weather).
- Contact Xhelal Hasani from the Center of Solidarity and Advancement Tel. +381 633 74 034, firstname.lastname@example.org or use general contact number for volunteers +381 642 653 479 if you want to help there, large donations not needed at the moment.
- DIMITROVGRAD - Refugees: 200-400 per day. Needs: shoes, jackets, gloves, hats, socks. Medical help would be appreciated. Contact: Nerissa +381 642 18 7291. No volunteers needed now, accreditation very difficult, but if you have time to spend week or two there, your help may be useful.
- BEOGRAD - Refugees taken to a camp with hot meals and shower to rest, after that transported to Berkasovo by bus. At "Miksaliste" Volunteers are still needed, despite it's not so sexy as direct field volunteering. Join us distributing clothing, shoes, food and hygienic items and creating a welcoming atmosphere for the stop-over in Belgrade. We're still accepting and also redistributing donations to border points, which requires help in sorting and packing. Find out more and please register at Volunteer Spot http://www.volunteerspot.com/login/entry/4179297180119 to see what is needed there and to sign up for timeslots.
- BREZICE, DOBOVA - Only few hundreds refugees at Dobova 2 reported in the evening, and Dobova 1 and Brežice is empty. No help needed here at the moment.
- SPIELFELD/SENTILJ - Camps on both sides of the border are busy, but controlled. Problems are in the no-mans land, volunteers needed, but only have access if registered with the Red Cross (Team Österreich)
- https://www.teamoesterreich.at/cv/tomReg.jsf - See timetable to register for a shift here: https://helfen.st.roteskreuz.at/
- Situation in Sentilj is stabilised, but nervous, many people still trapped in no man's land between Šentilj (SLO) and Spielfeld (AT). Waiting time in this place is reduced to max 4hrs though thanks to better organisation on the Austrian side (more lines to enter the country were added and hence less crowd control problems). Medical volunteers especially needed. Men´s shoes - just small sizes 40-43 appreciated here.
- BAD RADKERSBURG - volunteers may be needed, but no further details. Let is know if you have any details.
- OTHER NEWS
- - If you have enough time and sources to travel to Lesvos, Greece, where situation is more desperate, do that. Volunteers are saving lives from sea, but many desperate scenes including those refugees, who were not lucky enough and drowned in the sea. Read this volunteering guide to Lesvos: http://bit.ly/lesvolunteer
- - Situation in Macedonia is somehow stabilized, official NGO's helping. Independent volunteers NOT able to help, accreditation with official NGO necessary! (5 000 - 7 000 refugees crossing border from Greece daily)
- - There is still possibility to get supplies in Szeged at MigSzol warehouse at Gárdonyi utca 6. So if you are on the way via Hungary, you can go and pick up what will be needed. MigSzol unfortunately does not have any cars to drive the supplies down to Serbia/Croatia. Always contact coordinator before approaching Szeged: Szalai Balázs +36 20 229 6669 or Szőke - Tóth Ágnes +36 304 27 34 60.
- - Large amounts of supplies could be picked up also in Zagreb, please call Lejla +385 91 456 77 05 if you are able to bring any supplies from Zagreb to any of the borders.
- - Supplies which are needed almost at all places: warm and/or waterproof clothing (jackets, pullovers), blankets, shoes, hats, gloves, socks, dry and canned food, fruit; food for babies and milk. Generally, anything what could make them at least little bit warm and help them of hunger.
- - Also SIM cards for those who has to wait would be great so they can contact their relatives.
- - and don't forget to act: http://www.europeact.eu
SERBIA/CROATIA/SLOVENIA 31/10/2015 Saturday 23:40 night
michalberg Oct 31st, 2015 403 Never
Not a member of Pastebin yet? Sign Up, it unlocks many cool features!
RAW Paste Data