Mayur_Pipaliya Oct 17th, 2013 34 Never
- *nix basics!
- Do you know any person`s name associated to *nix.
- # Linus Torvalds (Linus)
- # Richard Matthew Stallman (RMS)
- How do you check file type
- # file <filename.extension>
- How do one create hidden file/folder in *nix
- # Basically start file/folder with "." (dot) !
- # mkdir .HiddenDirectory
- # echo > .HiddenFile
- How do one List hidden files (dot files) ('a' stands for all files)
- # ls -a
- Give me names of few *nix distributions/OS
- # CentOS/RedHat/Fedora
- # Debian/Ubuntu/LinuxMint/Google Chrome OS
- # Android / FreeBSD / OpenBSD / iOS
- Install Package in Ubuntu/Debian/Mint/ChromeOS
- # apt-get install <package>
- Install package in CentOS/Fedora/RedHat
- # yum install <package>
- To get documentation about any installed command.
- # man <command>
- To check how much time taken by any command executed.
- # time ls
- # time sleep 1
- To change password of current user
- # passwd
- What are common *nix file editors?
- # vi
- # vim
- # nano
- Tell me few *nix commands! ;)
- ls cat echo man whereis whoami which who last less df cp mv rm chmod chown mkdir rmdir zip kill pkill pwd passwd sleep ln grep vi sed find touch wget
RAW Paste Data