- BALKAN ROUTE UPDATE 10/12/2015 Thursday 23:55
- GENERAL: Between 4-5000 people come from Turkey daily. Volunteers and material help needed in Athens. Only people from Syria, Afghanistan and Iraq pass through Idomeni. Volunteers needed in Šid/Adaševci!
- - PLEASE ALWAYS check conditions on the place you are about to go to volunteering or provide donations before starting your journey via phone, facebook or email. Situation may change quickly!
- - Archive of the updates: http://pastebin.com/u/michalberg
- - Greek islands: Monday to Wednesday Greece accepted 5000 people daily, yesterday it was 3200. More boats come to the southern part of Lesbos and other islands receive temporarily very high number of people on some days as smugglers try to make things difficult for Turkish police. After receiving more than 2000 on 6th December Chios received just hundreds in the last 3 days. Leros accepted more than 600 on Tuesday but just 90 yesterday.
- - LESVOS: Volunteering and donation info: http://bit.ly/lesvolunteer. Short term volunteering info: http://jdem.cz/buwva7.
- Volunteers are asking for donations: In order to be more efficient, we will need as soon as possible 4 walky-talkies Motorola T80 Extreme (10 km range), another Night Vision Scope (or binocular) since our actual one is temporarly lent, and of course survival blankets (a lot)... Contact: Fred +30 694 900 1568
- - CHIOS: International team of volunteers arrived yesterday. They will set up food and clothes distribution here, they have funds and volunteer house available. The plan is to get permission to help inside the camps. If you want to help there, please contact Moritz Reitschuster on FB or here: +306 947 848 772.
- - ATHENS: Tae-kwon-do stadium. Greek government wants to move people from here to better condition on 17th December. Roughly 1700 people inside in the evening. Urgent donations needed: sleeping bags, small tents for families. Condfitions are tough as too many people are in one place. Main concern security for families, poor hygiene standard esp. toilettes. Prior to arrival please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- - IDOMENI: Only Syrians, Afghanis and Iraqis are now brought by buses from Athens and allowed on site and are able to continue to Macedonia without any significant delay.
- - GEVGELIJA: 1500 people left Gevgelija by 5 pm. Enough food and clothes ready for new refugees that came in the evening. If you can help with donations, write to email@example.com
- - MIRATOVAC: Providing food, clothes (especially winter gear and children’s clothes), space for relaxation, and medical treatment for them. Volunteers needed at the end of this week. Contact person is Manuela +381 628 997 837
- Also Tabanovce on Macedonian side needs volunteers, especially in the night shift, as well as information and men’s shoes. If you are in the area, please contact local team on field.
- - PREŠEVO: Borderfree, Adra, UVP (local org) are providing support to the queue outside the camp. Tea, clothing, food, being distributed. Volunteers currently not needed in Presevo. Volunteers are still lacking money for purchasing food, SHOES needed. If you can donate money of winter clothes, please contact United Volunteers of Preševo, Tel. +381 62 1499 561.
- - DIMITROVGRAD: Cca 50 refugees arrived in the morning, mostly Afghans, some Iraq Yazidis, all left by bus at 2 pm. IHO is handing out food packages as well as clothing and blankets (during the night). Local team still asks for shoes, especially for men, size 40-44. Enough volunteers till 17th. Coordinator on site is Tarek: +381 62 895 45 77.
- - BEOGRAD: Volunteers at Miksaliste are asking for paper cups, coffee, milk, sugar, biscuits, razors, shaving cream, paper tissues, rubber gloves for volunteers; shoes, pants, coats, hats and gloves for men. VOLUNTEERS NEEDED! Please use Volunteer spot http://www.volunteerspot.com/login/entry/4179297180119 or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Refugees can go to the Asylum Center at Krnjača, where they have access to hot meals, showers and a place to rest. Asylum Protection Center - provides legal, psychosocial and psychological support to refugees. Only long-term volunteers required. Based in Belgrade as well as Sid and they also have two offices in Presevo. Contact: Rados Djurovic +381 63 704-7080, email@example.com
- - ŠID/ADAŠEVCI: 2100 refugees crossed today. Czech volunteer team helps in Adaševci in 3 shifts now, we provide information, hand out water and some basic clothes. Situation is calm and steady. Shoes, socks, scarfs, hats, large plastic garbage bags and tapes welcomed. VOLUNTEERS NEEDED! Please contact Petra Quirke: firstname.lastname@example.org or +420 605 471 465 (sms only).
- - SLAVONSKI BROD: 2100 refugees entered Croatia from midnight until 9 p.m. Slavonski Brod camp is currently empty. What is needed here: shoes & socks (39-44), especially men's, incontinence pads, wheelchairs, baby carriages, baby carriers, pants, jackets, caps, gloves + some jackets. Volunteers registration for December still possible! Contacts for donations: email@example.com or https://www.facebook.com/anto.vrdoljak
- - DOBOVA: 1000 people came till noon today, 1000 were at that time staying in Dobova. Almost 2000 left to Austria in the morning. Tents are usually full to accomodate all refugees. Dobova is missing shoes, winter jackets for smaller kids and baby bottles. If you can donate either please contact https://www.facebook.com/Slovenskafilantropija or https://www.facebook.com/areyousyrious/
- - SPIELFELD: Military is preparing warm meals for the refugees, but only from 6PM to 10PM every day. No volunteers needed/allowed.
- OTHER NEWS
- - SUPPLIES IN SZEGED: Warehouse of MigSzol Szeged is still full of food, non-food and hygiene goods. You can pick up anything when travelling to Serbia/Macedonia and elswehere. Contact coordinators Szalai Balázs +36 20 229 6669 or Szőke - Tóth Ágnes +36 304 27 34 60.
- - Large amounts of supplies could be picked up also in Zagreb, please call Lejla +385 91 456 77 05 if you are able to bring any supplies from Zagreb to any of the borders.
- - and don't forget to act: http://www.europeact.eu
BALKAN ROUTE UPDATE 10/12/2015 Thursday 23:55
michalberg Dec 10th, 2015 1,148 Never
Not a member of Pastebin yet? Sign Up, it unlocks many cool features!
RAW Paste Data