[KS] The Divine Tragedy
- Original post: http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=7281&p=184119#p184119
- I wished for a birthday that I would never forget.
- Instead, that heavenly body cast its celestial inferno upon me.
- Never will I forget it now.
- I curse my fate borne of the stars.
- In that suffocating purgatory I lay, terrified; alone in the world.
- Shielded from everything to ensure my survival,
- I could not even turn my head to look out the window at the stars.
- I met him by chance: that boy, who would be my guide into paradise –
- Whose smile beams comforting warmth,
- Whose heart beats both weak and strong,
- And whose eyes sparkle like the stars.
- This KSFic was written for Weekly Writing Wednesdays, as sponsored by Mehkanik. The prompt was "Brevity: Write the most poignant story you can in under five hundred words. Hard mode: Under 100.". I derived much inspiration - both in terms of the subject matter and the format, down to the number of lines and words - from Dante Alighieri's "The Divine Comedy".
RAW Paste Data