- SERBIA/CROATIA/SLOVENIA 8/11/2015 Sunday 22:30 evening
- GENERAL: The strike in Greece has ended, many refugees now moving to Athens and further up to Macedonia and Serbia. Today 8 000 refugees crossed the border between Greece and Macedonia. Situation expected to be very tense at all hotspots (Presevo, Sid, Slavonski Brod, Sentilj etc.)
- Follow http://www.refugeemap.com for detailed info (but be careful on the last updated date, compare info with this update).
- PREŠEVO - Situation getting tense. Thousands already came during the day, in the evening 2-3 thousand refugees reported waiting in the queue, which is moving slowly - rough night ahead. The nights are very cold, temperature drops to zero. Boots, socks, raincoats, jackets, blankets needed. Financial help needed to arrange the food for refugees (700 euros spent daily). Volunteers not needed at the moment, generally 2 days notice required and length of stay at least 1 week.
- Contact UVP - United Volunteers of Preševo: Dominik Weinberg +381 621 525 907 (calls) or +49 178 512 8713 (whatsapp), firstname.lastname@example.org. Or Xhelal Hasani from the Center of Solidarity and Advancement Tel. +381 633 74 034, email@example.com.
- BUJANOVAC - Transit point at the moment, hundreds of refugees come here daily from Presevo as Bujanovac has got better transport connections – bus and train. UNHCR partner “Sigma Plus” on site. Sigma Plus say items that are needed here are: food, clothes, shoes and blankets.
- BERKASOVO/BAPSKA (Serbian side) - Berkasovo is empty and closed.
- ŠID (train station) - Buses bring refugees here from Presevo. Situation still calm. Refugees stay just half an hour at the train station, buses are stopped earlier (on higway close to Adaševci) and refugees wait in the bus (sometimes up to 6 hours) until the next train is ready. Serbian side has got capacity up to 1000 people in Principovac and other places around Šid in case the trains are not able to transport all refugees. No help apart from UNHCR and Red Cross allowed at the moment at the train station. Czech team is starting coordinated help on Monday together with UNHCR. For more info, please contact coordinator Dalimil Petrilak or Martin Pridal.
- SLAVONSKI BROD - Trains come here from Šid, refugees spend just few hours and leave for Slovenia fluently. Refugees already coming to the camp, but situation calm. Accreditation needed for the camp - contact Maja Znika on FB or number below before you come, but enough volunteers till the end of this week. Contact: +385-99-5021-926. Complication with registration reported. Also - no material aid needed now!
- OPATOVAC - Camp empty and closed.
- DIMITROVGRAD - Refugees: hundreds come daily. Needs: FINANCIAL HELP, TENTS, shoes, jackets, gloves, hats, socks. Medical help would be appreciated. Contact: Katie Olsson (+381 643 22 10 38) or Christel Sirocchi (+381 64 25 18 468). If you have time to spend week or two there, your help may be useful.
- BEOGRAD - Refugees here have the option to go to the Asylum Center at Krnjača, where they have access to hot meals, showers and a place to rest. From Belgrade, they can take the bus to Šid.
- At "Miksaliste" Volunteers are still NEEDED, despite it not being as sexy as direct field volunteering. Join us distributing clothing, shoes, food and hygienic items and creating a welcoming atmosphere for the stop-over in Belgrade. We're still accepting and also redistributing donations to border points, which requires help in sorting and packing. Find out more and please register at Volunteer Spot http://www.volunteerspot.com/login/entry/4179297180119 to see what is needed there and to sign up for timeslots.
- BREZICE, DOBOVA - Dobova 2, and Dobova 1 and Brežice is empty. Several thousand people cross Dobova Train Station per normal day. All of them are boarding directly on trains going to the Austrian border (Sentilj/Spielfeld) after spending a couple of hours there with the registration procedure.
- SPIELFELD/SENTILJ - Situation calm today, but refugees already coming. IMPORTANT: "Are you syrious" gained access to No-Mans-Land! Big success for them, more info here: http://on.fb.me/1L4nUOI (you have to be registered before entering NML!)
- Volunteers may sign up with Slovenska Filantropija through their online form (http://www.filantropija.org/prijave/pomoc-na-terenu/), but no volunteers needed at the moment. Volunteers welcome in Spielfeld, but only have access if registered with the Red Cross (Team Österreich) https://www.teamoesterreich.at/cv/tomReg.jsf - See timetable to register for a shift here: https://helfen.st.roteskreuz.at/.
- For donations, please check this FB site: https://www.facebook.com/RefugeesSpielfeld/
- OTHER NEWS
- - If you have enough time and sources to travel to Lesvos, Greece (or other islands), where situation is desperate, do that. Volunteers are saving lives from sea, but many desperate scenes including those refugees, who were not lucky enough and drowned in the sea. Read this volunteering guide to Lesvos: http://bit.ly/lesvolunteer. Czech group of volunteers is preparing to help there as well, more information here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1077236385642577/. Doctors/Arabic speakers welcome!
- - Situation in Macedonia is somehow stabilized, official NGO's helping. Independent volunteers NOT able to help, accreditation with official NGO necessary!
- - Large amounts of supplies could be picked up in Zagreb, please call Lejla +385 91 456 77 05 if you are able to bring any supplies from Zagreb to any of the borders.
- - Also SIM cards for those who has to wait would be great so they can contact their relatives.
- - and don't forget to act: http://www.europeact.eu
SERBIA/CROATIA/SLOVENIA 8/11/2015 Sunday 22:30 evening
michalberg Nov 8th, 2015 1,336 Never
Not a member of Pastebin yet? Sign Up, it unlocks many cool features!
RAW Paste Data