osteth Mar 11th, 2016 (edited) 118 Never
Not a member of Pastebin yet? Sign Up, it unlocks many cool features!
- # Title: entropy-upgrare
- # Author: Seth Wahle
- # Contact: Seth [at] cyberdonix.com Twitter: @SethWahle
- # Run this script as sudo
- # Installs haveged and modifies settings for greater entropy and sets /random blocking to 1024 to en$
- # when entropy is low. This script sets a fairly high minimum entropy level it can be lowered if
- # you feel that a lower value is acceptable to your security standards.
- # Tested and confirm working on Debian 8
- apt-get update
- apt-get install haveged
- #Appends new entropy settings to the end of /ect/sysctl.conf
- echo "Installing new SYSCTL entropy setting"
- echo "#keep entropy pool filled" >> /etc/sysctl.conf
- echo kernel.random.write_wakeup_threshold = 3584 >> /etc/sysctl.conf
- echo "#Lock /random if it falls below 1024 for security" >> /etc/sysctl.conf
- echo kernel.random.read_wakeup_threshold = 1024 >> /etc/sysctl.conf
- #Appends new setting to the haveged config file
- echo "Installing new HAVEGED setting"
- echo "# Configuration file for haveged" > /etc/default/haveged
- echo "# Options to pass to haveged:" >> /etc/default/haveged
- echo "# -w sets low entropy watermark (in bits)" >> /etc/default/haveged
- echo 'DAEMON_ARGS="-w 3584"' >> /etc/default/haveged
- #restarts haveged to apply settings
- echo "Applying setting and restarting HAVEGED"
- /etc/init.d/haveged restart
- #Appends a "sysctl -p" before exit0 in /etc/rc.local to make the system reapply sysctl.conf settings$
- sudo sed -i '/^exit 0/isysctl -p' /etc/rc.local
- sysctl -p
- echo "============ NOTICE: Please Reboot for changes to take effect =============="
RAW Paste Data