a guest Oct 10th, 2018 104 Never
Not a member of Pastebin yet? Sign Up, it unlocks many cool features!
- Spellcasting sequence for star travel:
- 1. Get to orbit. Either use several fly spells to ascend to the vacuum, then accelerate to orbital speed (fly speed is now inapplicable) or greater teleport directly to synchronous orbit. A wide miss on the greater teleport will still be in orbit.
- 2. Get to solar orbit. A wand of fly as 100k delta v.
- 3. Determine the rule for wall of force by casting one above you. It will either snap to you or snap to the sun's surface (which is rotating).
- If it snaps to you:
- 4a. Cast a wall of force at an angle of tan-1(20 feet/second / c / 2) off the target star.
- 4b. Get 60 feet away at 90 degrees from trajectory to star.
- 4c. Cast feather fall
- 4d. Close on the first wall of force at 20 feet/second
- 4e. Cast another wall of force an angle of tan-1(20 feet/second / c / 2) off the target star opposite to the first.
- 4f. Increase to 40 feet/second. Ready action on hitting wall, cast Resilient sphere.
- If it snaps to the star:
- 4a. Raise orbit so that you would need a velocity of just under c to stay over its surface. Wait until your orbit is aligned.
- 4b. Cast feather fall.
- 4c. Cast wall of force behind you. You might need to angle it so you get kicked off the star's rotiational plane.
- 5. Wait until you approach target star, recasting any stuff you need to survive. When you can see planets, use fly spell to adjust course to hit one. The sequence in 4 can be used to stop you again if need be.
- 6. Cast feather fall and slam into planet.
- 7. Cast teleportation circle every day for a year to create a permanent stargate.
RAW Paste Data