Anonymous Operation Syria - Press Release
- Anonymous Operation Syria - Press Release
- Friday - July 6, 2012 10:45 PM ET USA
- Anonymous has watched with deep satisfaction the recent public disclosure of over 2 million E-Mails belonging to the evil Assad regime and related companies in Syria. Anonymous has been assisting the protesters in Syria since the first week of their revolution over a year ago, and we are grateful to see such a mighty blow dealt to the Assad regime. But as we read through the seemingly endless media coverage of this massive and historic disclosure, there seems to be one very obvious question that no one is asking. Where exactly did WikiLeaks get all these E-Mails? This press release is written and addressed to the media and the world to answer this important un-asked question.
- On Febuary 5, 2012 at approx. 4:00 PM ET USA an Anonymous Op Syria team consisting of elements drawn from Anonymous Syria, AntiSec (now known as the reformed LulzSec) and the Peoples Liberation Front succeeded in creating a massive breach of multiple domains and dozens of servers inside Syria. This team had been working day and night in shifts for weeks to accomplish this feat. So large was the data available to be taken, and so great was the danger of detection (especially for the members of Anonymous Syria, many of whom are "in country") that the downloading of this data took several additional weeks.
- On March 14, 2012 after analyzing the truly staggering trove of E-Mail recovered in this hack, participants in Anonymous Op Syria isolated the personal E-Mail of the dictator Assad and his wife and publicly released this small trove to the world via a press release similar to this one. This disclosure made headlines around the world, but it remained just a tiny fraction of the total data recovered in the original hack. Anonymous Op Syria, and indeed the entire global collective - were at a bit of a loss as to exactly how to deal with and properly disclose such a vast trove of important information. But there is one organization that is supremely well equipped to handle a disclosure of this magnitude, WikiLeaks. Having already formed a partnership with WikiLeaks in the disclosure of the "Stratfor Files", it seemed natural and obvious to continue this historic partnership between Anonymous and WikiLeaks with the disclosure of the "Syria Files". And thus...
- On July 5, 2012 - Five months virtually to the day after the brave hackers of Anonymous and the PLF breached the Assad regime servers, WikiLeaks released to the world 2.4 million E-Mail files belonging to the Syrian regime and various Syrian companies. And this is just beginning, expect many more disclosures of this type in the future as this wonderful partnership between WikiLeaks and Anonymous continues to grow stronger and change human history.
- While the United Nations sat back and theorized on the situation in Syria, Anonymous took action. Assisting bloggers, protesters and activists in avoiding surveillance, disseminating media, interfering with regime communications and networks, monitoring the Syrian internet for disruptions or attempts at surveillance - and waging a relentless information and psychological campaign against Assad and his murderous and genocidal government. When world governments would not send so much as a single bandaid worth of medical supplies to the protesters in Syria, it was a team of six European Anons who donned back-packs and walked almost 400 pounds worth of medical supplies over the border (along with ten pounds of chocolate candy for the children) and into Idib, Syria - risking their very lives to assist our dear freedom seeking brothers and sisters inside Syria. And as long as the tyrant remains defiantly in power, Anonymous will continue to work relentlessly day and night - from every country and every timezone, to assist the courageous freedom fighters and activists in Syria.
- We Are Anonymous - We Are Everywhere - We Are Legion - We Never Forget - We Never Forgive
- Bashar Assad, EXPECT US.
- Anonymous Operations - www.AnonymousGlobal.tk
- Peoples Liberation Front - www.PeoplesLiberationFront.net
- LulzSec - http://bit.ly/Kuduif