a guest Feb 25th, 2020 90 Never
Not a member of Pastebin yet? Sign Up, it unlocks many cool features!
- The Earth is trying to get rid of us. Each and every day we are experiencing the aftermath of climate change. Whether it’s the hurricanes that storm over cities or earthquakes that tremble with substantial damage to homes, climate change is happening. Now don’t get me wrong, everything has an expiration date. Plants, humans, even the Earth itself will no longer be present at some point in time. We’re all going to be gone but at the rate that us, humans, are going at, we’re going to be substantially lamented before Mother Earth.
- It’s critical that we act and we act now. I remember going to my father’s home country of Italy and breathing in that fresh air when coming out of the airport. Breathing in fresh air is an exonerating feeling compared to breathing in the polluted air of the city. Our bodies can’t handle it. Nature can’t handle it. The world can’t handle it.
- I like to think of climate change and all of the natural disasters occurring as a way for the Earth to dispose of us for the reason that we’re ruining it. We’re selfish beings. Many people don’t want to acknowledge that climate change is a thing but it is, in reality, real. The Earth’s atmosphere warming up is a result. One of my favorite quotes by Al Gore, “Solutions to the climate crisis are within reach, but in order to capture them, we must take urgent action today across every level of society.“ Reminds and inspires me that if everyone puts in an effort, we can alleviate the damage done to our planet.
- Some things that can be done to reduce the damage done to planet Earth can include the smallest of things like recycling which can lower the amount of waste that the planet has to indulge. At home, I constantly advertise and demand persistently that we need to watch how much utilities and miscellaneous things we’re consuming. I take short showers, turn off lights when they’re not necessarily being used, and avoid products with a lot of packaging to influence those around me to do the same. I know that what I do is not enough to completely reduce global warming but if I can at least get to one person to do the same, then I’m satisfied with myself because I’m making some sort of impact to others.
- In other words, global warming is a real thing. It’s happening and it’s happening fast. I want my children and grandchildren to live in a world where they don’t have to worry about natural disasters and struggling to live in an environment that is seriously polluted. Not only is there an environmental consequence of pollution and climate change but there is also a health consequence for our loved ones. All countries need to forget about politics and unite to fight this common problem because in the long run it affects all of us. Global warming is real and needs to be stopped.
RAW Paste Data