a guest Jan 20th, 2018 343 Never
Not a member of Pastebin yet? Sign Up, it unlocks many cool features!
- Baked beans
- About 3 cups cooked white beans
- 1 cup water
- extra virgin olive oil
- 2 small onions (I always use red, but do whatever)
- 2 large or 4 medium sized cloves garlic
- 4 Tb ketchup
- 4 Tb yellow mustard
- 4 Tb molasses
- 1 t paprika
- 1/2 t garlic powder
- salt, pepper, cayenne
- 1) Chop onions and add them to a stovetop pan with olive oil (I used about 2 Tb evoo) over medium heat.
- 2) Dice garlic, and add to onion. Sprinkle both with salt, and cook until almost caramelized (browned).
- 3) You should have a crust of residue from the caramelizing; add just a splash of water to “deglaze.” Remove from heat.
- 4) Add rinsed, cooked beans and sprinkle with salt. Set aside.
- 5) In an 8×8 pyrex baking dish, mix remaining ingredients (cayenne optional).
- 6) Add beans, onions, and garlic.
- 7) Place in a preheated 350 degree oven. Let cook until a nice little pseudo-crust has formed on top (~20/30 minutes?), and remove.
RAW Paste Data