a guest Feb 25th, 2019 81 Never
Not a member of Pastebin yet? Sign Up, it unlocks many cool features!
- Creator of Aadhaar: Government Biomentric Identity.
- Nandan Nilekani...You've been D0xXed
- Full Name: Padma Bhushan Nandan Nilekani
- Address: #856 13th Main Rd, Koramangala 3rd Block, Bengaluru
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/nandannilekani
- LinkedIn: linkedin.com/in/nandannilekani
- Amazon: amazon.com/wishlist/2HGPV5J2K5Y8W
- email: NandanNilekani@hotmail.com
- Born 2nd June 1955, Sirsi town of North Kannada district, in the state of Karnataka.
- Height: 1.63 m
- Weight: 80 Kg
- Sign: Gemini
- Religion: Hindu
- Chitrapur Saraswat Brahmin: Saraswats are a small Konkani-speaking community of Hindu Brahmins: chiefly followers of Shiva
- Speaks Konkani at home.
- CO-Founder and CEO of start-up InfoSys (was invited to join by Narayana Murthy-previous boss at Patni Computer Systems.)
- Rohini Nilekani invested several thousand dollars in Infosys-in its early days.
- 1980s Nilekani lived in the US, embedded with Infosys clients in Union City, New Jersey, and Skokie, Illinois, among other places.
- Co-founder of NASSCOM and as well as the Bangalore Chapter of The IndUS Entrepreneurs (TiE).
- Board member of London Business School’s Asia Pacific Regional Advisory
- Served as a member of the sub-committee of Securities and Exchange Board of India.
- Vice-Chairman of The Conference Board Inc.
- Co-Chairman of IIT Bombay Heritage Fund.
- Involved in Bangalore Agenda Task Force in 2000
- Awarded ‘Distinguished Alumnus’ by IIT Bombay in 2001.
- Member of the board of governors of the Indian Council for Research on International Economic Relations (ICRIER)
- President of NCAER (National Council for Applied Economic Research, India).
- Chairman of Government of India’s IT Task Force for the Power Sector.
- Won the prestigious Joseph Schumpeter prize in the field of politics and economic sciences in 2005.
- Won the prestigious Padma Bhushan in 2006.
- Received the ‘Businessman of the Year’ award from Forbes Asia magazine in 2007.
- Non-executive Director of Thomson Reuters Plc. since 2007.
- Received the ‘Legend in Leadership’ award from Yale University in 2009.
- Listed in the Times magazine as one of the world’s 100 most influential people in 2009.
- Author of ‘Imagining India’, which was listed in the final list for FT-Goldman Sachs Book Award in 2009.
- Invited by Prime Minister, Manmohan Singh, to take up the Cabinet position.
- Joined Congress to content the 2014 Lok Sabha elections.
- Is Founder (with who) and Chairman of Unique Identity Authority of India (U.I.D.A.I.)
- Nilekani became a board member of the foundation that runs the Davos summits.
- Father: Mohan Rao Nilekani, manager at Minerva Mills. Retired to Dharwad.
- Mother: Durga, 83, lives with the Nilekanis in Bangalore.
- Brother: Vijay Nilekani works for Nuclear Energy Institute, in Washington, D.C.
- Owner of: http://www.fundamentum.co.in/
- Wife: Rohini, a writer.
- Founder-Chairperson, ARGHYA: a charitable trust she has endowed with $35 million
- Akshara Foundation Chairwoman
- Founder of: https://rohininilekani.org/
- Daughter: Jahnavi, of Yale. https://scholar.harvard.edu/janhavi_nilekani/home
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/janhavinilekani?lang=en
- Son-in-law Shray Chandra. https://photogallery.indiatimes.com/events/bangalore/nandan-nilekanis-daughters-wedding/articleshow/14995356.cms
- Son: Nihar of Harvard.
RAW Paste Data