- *** Visit <http://nakulas.blogspot.com/2013/04/kyoukai-no-kanata-volume-1-progress.html> for more information.
- CHAPTER 2
- Monday, April 16th - lunch break.
- He lay sprawled at one end of the roof.
- "That's _Mister_ Hiro'omi to you. Er. This feels like deja vu."
- He looked at me with his head off-kilter as he picked himself up off the ground. He was a real pain to deal with, but I couldn't just ignore him.
- "I guess that's because you said more or less the same thing to me last week."
- "Uh-huh. Remember what I told you then, Akky?"
- The Nase siblings always liked beating around the bush. Thus, _I_ had to get to the point.
- "Yes, I remember."
- "Good answer. I hope you're ready."
- "Ready for the possibility that I could die during the lull?" I asked, taking the wind out of his sails.
- Hiro'omi looked at me suspiciously.
- "Someone tipped you off?"
- "I won't deny that. You're the only guy I can ask about this."
- "I suppose you have your ways."
- Hiro'omi stood up and shut his eyes for a few seconds. Then, he glanced at me and continued on.
- "Is that food in your hand? I take it lunch isn't over. Let's go to the club room. Even if we _are_ just bantering, some ecret might enter into the conversation. Wouldn't want ordinary people to find out, you know."
- "'Let's go to the club room', my ass. You never even show up, you snotty little prat!"
- "I don't want to hear that from a potty-mouth like you. Respect your elders," he sneered back.
- Hiro'omi turned and started walking towards the door back into the building. Even if we were under ceasefire, it was odd that he, a xenor, would turn his back to me, his enemy. Did he just trust me that much? I shrugged my shoulders tiredly and trailed behind him.
- "Should we get Mitsuki to come too?"
- "Nah, we don't need Mitsuki for this. Besides, if she's around, that puts you at an advantage."
- Apparently, the way he saw it, his sister was my ally. A vision of a future in which I was married to Mitsuki drifted through my mind. I wouldn't mind being scolded by my new wife before I left for work. The thought of having to be Hiro'omi's brother in law near-killed me, though. Well, it was more like I was on my knees, begging for release from this world.
- "Enough with the weird daydreams. Let's go."
- "W-what weird daydreams!?"
- "Uh-huh, right. I'll overlook that. Let's get moving."
- I didn't understand what was going on. I was stunned silent.
- "What's the matter?" he asked, seemingly puzzled.
- "You tell me! Get your fucking hands out of my armpits!"
- "C'mon, you've got to be okay with lending me some warmth."
- "Yeah, well, not if you borrow it this way!"
- Looks like he got behind me during the mere instant I was distracted. And, in a repeat of last time, he thrust his arms into my armpits again. Worse, we were stuck so close together that I felt his breath on my neck. It was so nauseating that I wished I was dead.
- "Come on, get to walking. I'll prop you up so you don't fall down the stairs."
- "If somebody sees us like this, I'm going to want to fall off a _cliff_!"
- "Look, I'm willing to compromise if it'll get you to shut up and deal with it."
- "Quit whispering in my ear. That's just gross."
- "So, what do you say?"
- A compromise, huh. Well, there was one obvious concession I could have him make.
- "At least put some glasses on, dammit."
- "You don't have a pair on you, do you? Just pick a pair you like out of my jacket and put it on."
- "Well? Put it on already."
- "This is gross."
- "_You're_ gross!"
- "So are you."
- In the interest of world peace, I'll spare you the details of exactly _how_ we ended up getting to the club room.
Kyoukai no Kanata - Chapter 2, part 1 [English]
nakulas Aug 14th, 2013 4,833 Never
Not a member of Pastebin yet? Sign Up, it unlocks many cool features!
RAW Paste Data