Jojoveller Stand Comments, Part 6
sekainoyazawa Sep 19th, 2016 (edited) 5,256 Never
Not a member of Pastebin yet? Sign Up, it unlocks many cool features!
- STONE FREE
- There's more focus on how Jolyne has to tear her body apart to fight than on the design. For its fashions, I tried to keep it from looking like any previous stand. I like the python-patterend shoulder pads!
- GOO GOO DOLLS
- Kind of looks like Pocoloco's stand from Part 7, doen't it? Like, it's someone you can make small talk with when you're lonely. I think its design is a mummified monkey. I really like the hairband that its host, Guess, wears.
- BURNING DOWN THE HOUSE
- I heard about a child being born in a women's prison, and thought I maybe I'd be able to do a story about that. I believe that in this year, the Chicago Cubs won a regional game, which is why Emporio is a baseball kid.
- MANHATTAN TRANSFER
- Designed to look like a sort of plant. There's a plant that looks like this and flies around. It grows in the tropics, so it's pretty large and fluffy. Then, I modified it to seem more like a satellite or stealth fighter.
- The symbols representing the bases in DNA, and my image of an executioner. Digital media had become standard, so it extracts large amounts of information as disks. I really like its design, and Pucci's as well.
- Sticks Kiss's stickers onto things... That's all (laughs). Again, I was careful not to make the Stand's silhouette too similar to those of her allies. Hermes's position in the story is kinda like a female version of Polnareff.
- HIGHWAY TO HELL
- I needed to lift someone up to make them commit suicide, and I thought it would be cooler to use propellers than rope. Characters in Jojo are generally optimistic, but this guy's optimistic about attempting suicide (laughs).
- FOO FIGHTERS
- It looks more like a mutant or a space alien than a microscopic organism. That design might be an alternate version of Hierophant Green? I just tried to draw something insectoid or reptilian. It looks like a chameleon.
- MARILYN MANSON (Marilyn Manson, the Debt Collector)
- It wears a welding mask. It's a creepy debt collector, so I hid its facial expressions. Miraschon's hairstyle is nice, too, isn't it? I thought it would be creepy to have someone spying on others through their hair.
- WEATHER REPORT
- It's a Stand that controls the weather, so I made it look like clouds. I wanted to make frogs and all sorts of other stuff fall from the sky, maybe like a beastmaster. Its host wears a buffalo hat.
- JUMPIN' JACK FLASH
- As the name suggests, this stand ignores gravity and hops around. I think I came up with this one after hearing the song, too. It wasn't really necessary to make it remotely controlled, so it became like a suit partway through
- LIMP BIZKIT
- I thought the effects in the movie Hollow Man were cool. When the guy turns invisible, you can see his innards. I wanted to draw people in that sort of unfamilar form.
- DIVER DOWN
- This is another Stand where the situation came first... This stand can dive in and swim through all sorts of stuff. Kind of like Oasis, right? Aesthetically, it has diving equipment so it resembles a diver.
- It crawls along the ground like a jellyfish, and approaches you without being detected. Maybe it's because I was writing a prison story, but there's a lot of Stands in Part 6 that attack you psychologically, like ones that make you dream or ones that control your mind.
- PLANET WAVES
- At this point, multiple Stands show up at the same time, so there's a strong mystery element. Its host is just a walking lump of muscle. For the Stand, I thought it would be weird if meteors fell from the sky. That's all.
- DRAGON'S DREAM
- This Stand is ultimately neutral, and always speaks the truth. Feng shui was a big thing at the time I was writing this. You'd see it on TV and stuff. As for myself, I'm only superstitious at most. I don't believe in feng shui.
- YO-YO MA
- The essence of horror, where you think, I can't look away! is the main idea behind this Stand. Its design comes from the forest fairies that appear in Grimm's fairy tales.
- GREEN, GREEN GRASS OF HOME
- Its host was designed to be a demonic baby. The idea for its ability came from the physical paradox of infinity. I think the design came from a tribal thing, like The Fool and Sandman's Stand.
- JAIL HOUSE LOCK
- Memories were a common theme in entertainment at the time, and this Stand went with the trend. It has a humanoid design that emphasizes the brain, and since it doesn't fight in melee combat, so I guess that's why it doesn't have hands to punch with.
- BOHEMIAN RHAPSODY
- All the characters that appear are non-copyrighted. I actually wanted to draw a certain famous character, but the editing department rejected it... So I only put in the tail (laughs).
- SKY HIGH
- Based off the skyfish, an animal from an urban legend. They're also known as rods. I remember seeing a TV show about these back then, too, so that must be where they're from
- UNDER WORLD
- The social issues of the time, or maybe a new type of fear. At the time, I was obsessed with psychological matters. I erally like how its design has the things shooting out of its eyes.
- The advanced form of Whitesnake, right? He looks a little threatening now. Kinda like Darth Maul from Star Wars?
- MADE IN HEAVEN
- A centaur, right? But, it has two legs. It's a mythical creature, but it also includes mechanical elements. It accelerates time, so there are clocks all over its body.
RAW Paste Data