a guest Jun 13th, 2018 58 Never
Not a member of Pastebin yet? Sign Up, it unlocks many cool features!
- Some of my favorite bash tricks (most of these come straight from Emacs):
- Of course, most of these will ONLY work when 'set -o emacs'
- C-L Clean screen (in emacs it means center screen at cursor line)
- C-F Move to next character
- C-B Move to previous character
- C-A Jump to beginning of line (bol)
- C-E Jump to end of line (eol)
- M-B Jump to previous word
- M-F Jump to next word
- C-/ Undo
- C-X C-X Swap point. There are two marks. You can move around, C-X C-X, move
- some more, and then switch between points.
- C-X C-E Edit command in $EDITOR
- C-K Kill line from point to eol
- C-U Kill line from point to bol
- M-D Kill next word
- M-Backspace Kill previous word
- C-W Kill previous word (to previous space)
- C-H Kill previous character (doesn't go into kill ring)
- C-D Kill next character (doesn't go into kill ring)
- C-Y Yank killed text
- C-R Recall text backward
- C-S Recall text forward (might not work depending on terminal settings. It
- could stop flow. If this happens, C-Q restores it)
- history Show history
- In .bashrc (or .bash_profile, .profile, etc.), I like to add
- "$(parse_git_branch)$(parse_svn_revision)$(parse_cvs_tag)" to PS1 and define
- [[ -d "CVS" ]] && ([[ -e "CVS/Tag" ]] && sed -e 's/^T/ (/' -e 's/^N/ (/' -e 's/^D/ Date /' -e 's/$/)/' CVS/Tag || echo ' (HEAD)')
- local DIRTY STATUS
- STATUS=$(git status 2>/dev/null)
- [ $? -eq 128 ] && return
- [[ "$STATUS" == *'working directory clean'* ]] || DIRTY=' *'
- echo " ($(git branch 2>/dev/null | sed -e '/^[^*]/d' -e 's/* //')$DIRTY)"
- local REV=$(svnversion 2>/dev/null)
- [ $? -eq 0 ] || return
- [ "$REV" == 'exported' ] && return
- echo " ($REV)"
- Note: for some big repositories, this PS1 format might slow things down a bit. Use at your own risk :)
RAW Paste Data