liquidspark Sep 2nd, 2018 63 Never
Not a member of Pastebin yet? Sign Up, it unlocks many cool features!
- If you knew that you were going to die soon, how would you spend your last moments? Would you struggle to survive? Would you live however you want, as a last moment of pleasure or freedom of will? Would you value integrity and wisdom by living according to God's will as a final submission to him? Would you remember that you will continue to live even though you die? Would you demand all others to be silent in respect of hearing your last words? Would you request a final meal? Would you want to be alone or among family or friends? If you knew that you were going to die because of poor health choices, would you ask for ice cream, cookies, and cake, as a last reach for pleasure before your life was demanded from you, or would you use your last days on Earth in acceptance and according to correct health choices, perhaps as an example to impressionable others to do what is right?
- "The child is not dead, but asleep."
- "Our friend Lazarus has fallen asleep, but I am going there to wake him up. [...] Lazarus is dead, and for your sake, I am glad that I was not there, so that you may believe. But let us go to him. [...] Your brother will rise again. [...] I am The Resurrection and The Life. Whoever believes in me will live, even though he dies, and whoever lives and believes in me will never die. Do you believe this? [...] Where have you laid him? [...] Take away the stone. [...] Did I not tell you that if you believed, you would see the glory of God? [...] Father, I thank you that you have heard me. I knew that you always hear me, but I said this for the benefit of the people standing here, so that they may believe that you sent me. [...] Lazarus, come out! [...] Take off the grave clothes and let him go."
- "Now about the dead rising -- have you not read in the book of Moses, in the account of the bush, how God said to him, 'I am the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob'? He is not God of the dead, but of the living. You are badly mistaken!"
- When you understand that you continue to live, even though you die, and that God is of the living, here and now present with you through His Most Revered Holy Spirit, you will understand that instead of rebellion as your last days or last moments, it is wiser (better for your well-being) to show faithfulness and trust in God's control without putting him to the test. After all, the world is unfaithful -- they could not even hold onto you, as you see -- but The Sovereign Lord demands your life back from you, as he said to the man who had a plan to store up his food and take life easy and be merry, "'You fool! This very night, your life will be demanded back from you. Then who will get what you have stored up for yourself?' This is how it will be with anyone who is rich towards themselves but is not rich towards God."
- Therefore, repent and "first seek The Kingdom of God and his Righteousness, and everything else you need will be given to you".
RAW Paste Data