ABC of Creation
a guest Apr 5th, 2020 193 Never
Not a member of Pastebin yet? Sign Up, it unlocks many cool features!
- Always design for your own enjoyment and don't expect a response. If you like it it's a success.
- Build your skills by attempting new things, but don't overestimate yourself.
- Compare yourself to your past self, not to others as they are now.
- Do things for fun and don't get hung up on things that aren't fun.
- Everyone can improve.
- Fame is an accident, don't hunt it.
- Great works come from a mix of great effort and understanding.
- Hard tasks are not always the best solution.
- Imagination is limitless and thrives under constraints.
- Just get started today, what are you waiting for?
- Knowledge can be sought by asking open-ended questions and figuring out a solution.
- Learn to take breaks when faced with burnout.
- Make sure to also play other games, watch other movies, listen to other music, to broaden your horizon and get new ideas.
- Never neglect your own health.
- Overcoming obstacles can shine new light on previous problems faced and warrant reevaluation of the old solution.
- Perfection is a myth that requires infinite amounts of time and effort.
- Quitting and trying something else carries no shame.
- Respect and cherish your co-developers.
- Spending time around fans can skew your perception of your own work.
- Travel in real life to accumulate experiences to translate into your work.
- Unknowns can be quickly solved by asking people who have solved them.
- Varying quality is normal. Not every creation is created equal.
- When finished, exhaustively test your creation, to maximize satisfaction when experiencing it in full.
- XL-size requires exponentially more time effort than M-size creations.
- You will always need more time than you think, and that's fine.
- Zealousness is a great motivator, but no replacement for experience.
RAW Paste Data