- One day without warning, the love of my life calmly told me that she will soon be leaving this world.
- Before I could even process that small but deceptively simple bit of information, she briskly walked back to her room, leaving me stunned.
- Now this would normally be immediately alarming to hear from anyone else, but after living with Lulu for so long I've developed a bit of a filter to the... unusual things she says and does.
- It's only when she does the utterly ordinary act of turning on a console and cheerfully starting up a video game, that I finally start to think, "Wait, what did she mean by that?"
- I guess I better go ask her.
- Now I think the first few Whats and Whys were enough to convey my confusion, but my imagination had been running at full-speed production, already giving me a vague sense of anxiety and concern for her well-being.
- Thankfully she was able to cut me off and calm me down a bit with that delightfully polite and gentle voice of hers, and held me close in her arms.
- "My darling, you need not worry about me. I am perfectly fine and in no danger. But unfortunately it's true, I will be moving on from your delightful little planet.
- I have almost done everything I wanted to do and seen everything I wanted to see on Earth. So please understand that I simply wish to depart on a high note, and that I'm actually quite happy with the life we shared.
- Now would you like to watch me play Ghost 'N Goblins?"
RAW Paste Data Copied