- Proxyvox autopsy:
- www.proxypoll.com, http://www.proxytalk.com/, proxyvox.com, proxyblocks, proxyblox, proxyflocks, proxyblox
- How can you actively maximise your shareholder value when you don’t have enough shares for your publically listed company to pay attention to you, even if you have the most credible ideas?
- This is how – participating in ‘proxy vote’ marketplace. I want to design a web platform for shareholders who are interested in the governance of their shareholdings:
- Problem: Hedge fund managers can contact one another to act as [activist shareholders](https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Activist_shareholder). The magnitude of control over the company and the unfeasibility of contacting many other shareholders is the impediment to many smaller investors taking activist action in corporations.
- The platform could validate shareholder holdings with linkages to shareholder registries.
- The platform could enable candidates for the Board of Directors to pitch their experience and vision for the company
- The platform could enable everyone from significant shareholders to mom and pop investors to appoint one another. They might identify one another as having similar preferences for a directorial candidate, for instance, or have a similar stance on a particular resolution to be put forth at an AGM
- **Value proposition to early stage participants**
- Agenda setting theory
- **Hurdles: **
- * Unfamiliarly with the financial regulatory environment. Terms like ‘collusion’ used in related contexts scare me...
- * Validation of shareholder holdings//linkage with shareholder registries
- * The market for activist shareholders
- * Problem domain already solved by these organisations?
- **Potentially relevant implementation resources**
a guest Jul 12th, 2015 147 Never
Not a member of Pastebin yet? Sign Up, it unlocks many cool features!
RAW Paste Data