GUIDE TO CONVERT MOBI EBOOKS INTO SEARCHABLE AZW3 EBOOKS
If you don't have one, create an Amazon Account.
If you don't have a Kindle but have an Android or iOS device, install the Kindle app and connect your account with it.
1. Download and install the "Send to Kindle" application and associate your account. Link: http://www.amazon.com/gp/sendtokindle
2. Right click on the mobi file(s) and select Send to Kindle from the menu.
3. Fill in the book title and author fields. And select the device you want to send the book to (Android, iOS and Kindle e-ink devices only).
4. Click "Send" and after a few minutes your Kindle device will automatically download the book.
If you want to remove the DRMs from a book, so that you can share it between other e-readers with different or no accounts. Follow these steps:
1. Download and install Calibre. Link: http://calibre-ebook.com/
2. Download the latest deDRM Tools (it's a zip file). Link: https://apprenticealf.wordpress.com/
3. Extract the folder "DeDRM_calibre_plugin" from the zip file.
3. Select "Change calibre behavior" to go to Calibre's Preferences page.
4. Under "Advanced" click on the Plugins button.
5. Use the "Load plugin from file" button to select the plugin's zip file (DeDRM_plugin.zip) and click the "Add" button.
6. Click "Yes" in the "Are you sure?" dialog. Click OK in the "Success" dialog.
7. Connect your Kindle device via USB and look for a folder containing .prc files (Kindle Content). Those are the DRM books that were sent to your Kindle.
8. Put the .prc files in a folder in your computer and add them all to the Calibre library.
9. You now have deDRM'd searchable azw3 files in the "Calibre Library" folder in your Documents.